Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20200811
- 1 Minutes for 08-11-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.3 Committee Reports
- 1.4 Camera Review Review
- 1.5 Old Business
- 1.6 New Business
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 08-11-2020
Meeting was Called to Order At: 1943
Treasurer & Budget
Been a wild month for Treasurer. Sent out emails to 176 members who are showing a balance while also having an active plan. So far, about 40 have been fixed, either by paying back dues or correcting their departure dates. Still plenty left to correct, but I should be done before the election emails are sent.
The Solicitation License was (just today) finalized. MEDC/Patronicity have been notified, but not yet responded.
The updated 2017 and 2018 taxes were mailed. 2019 is still in process, and is due in November. It should be done well before that.
Current "worst case" is still around 13 months.
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($25,116.76)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($32,190.44)|
- Election Timeline
- Nomination Opened 1Aug2020, and will close 18Aug2020
- Final Nomination acceptance deadline will be 20Aug2020
- OpaVote voting will begin 25Aug2020, at 1700
- Voting will close 1Sep2020, at 1700
- Secretary will tally the votes, while presenting via google hangouts. With the official announcement happening at the following member meeting.
- Nominees are encouraged to fill out the election_2020 wiki questionnaire.
- Current Outlook
- Nominated 27
- Accepted 6
- Declined 2
- First Covid Rules committee meeting is tomorrow, Wed 8/12 at 7:30 pm
- Chairing meetings and stuff
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Membership changes since last meeting:
- 6 Member => Hiatus
- 1 Hiatus => Member
- 2 Scholarship => NULL
- 2 NULL => Scholarship
- 1 Hiatus => NULL
- 1 Member => NULL
- NET = -6 Members, +4 Hiatus, -2 Scholarship
- Scholarship fund update:
- 12 Members on scholarship
- $578 Allocated (of $944 available)
- Average value of $48.17/scholar
- Key re-activation progress:
- 117 keys have been reactivated (of the 268 currently in the door)
- Currently changing over responsibility from the old to new advocate.
- Annual payments issue has been fixed.
- An integrated tech infrastructure leadership is being developed.
See Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20200804#Expansion for most current updates
- Waiting to hear back on scheduling the next meeting and invoice explanation.
- Taxes done!
- Solicitation License Acquired!
- Money from MEDC Soon?
- We should be receiving money from the Blooms event soon.
- One instance of bullshittery on the email list that was resolved. Otherwise fairly quiet.
Camera Review Review
- This was done via informal consent, and this is for documentation.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Resignation of Tusano as board member, and Alec is stepping down from their position advocate as allowed by finding a replacement.
Outstanding action items
- Differed adding bullets until after this meeting do to likely changes during discussion. Migration completed.
- Completed See below
- Completed see below
Board Terms Change from 1 year to 2
Harassment Policy Update
We came up with a list of factors to consider in the last disciplinary meeting. We should officially adopt them and use them for all serious disciplinary issues going forward. We should document them on the wiki in a way that lets us tweak them going forward as we find ways to incrementally improve them. Here's the list:
- Start with credibility of allegations
- Lack of consent
- Effect on public safety or perception- (does it change member behavior as a reaction)
- Conscious intent
- Violent vs non-violent behavior
- The World Health Organization's definition of violence (from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Violence&oldid=970420588): "the intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual, against oneself, another person, or against a group or community, which either results in or has a high likelihood of resulting in injury, death, psychological harm, maldevelopment, or deprivation."
- How likely it is to happen again
- Severity of action
- How difficult it is to prevent
- How far in the past it was
- How far removed from the i3 community (physical and/or cultural)
- Pattern of behavior
- Time completed: 2114
- Funds appropriated:
- Attendees: 13
Action Item Summary
|Develop hiatus expiration plan as membership and on boarding VP.||Matt|
|Add the evaluation bullets to the election questionnaire||Paul|
|Present a motion to update the harassment policy, including evaluation bullets||Mike|
|Send out email announcing that Thomas stepped down||Que|
|Send out email soliciting feedback on the updated harassment policy.||Mel|
|Follow up with fundraising committee on details for raffle license.||Paul|
|Present the evaluation bullets at the next normal board meeting for public feedback||Mel|
|Follow up to make sure people added Disciplinary Factors to their appropriate places.||Several|
|Add evaluation bullets to board howto Director page. Migrate action items to normal board meeting||Que|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Appoint Tom Drury as the co-Zone Coordinator with Jody Raiford for the Kiln Zone.||Mel||Matt||7||0||PASS|
|Appoint Tom Drury as member advocate.||Mel||Matt||6||0||PASS|
|Change bylaws 5.5 from
Each director shall hold office for a period of one (1) year and until his or her successor is elected and qualifies.
Each director shall hold office for a two year period and until their qualified successor is elected. The terms shall be staggered two year terms established such that half rounded up of the positions are elected on odd numbered years and the remainder are elected in even numbered years. A Director appointed to fill the vacancy shall be appointed for the unexpired term of their predecessor in office.
5: Board of directors vacancy replacement:
- Chair Jamie
- Secretary Que
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20200714||Board Meeting Minutes 20200908|