Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20200908
|This is a mix of agenda and minutes, currently in progress of being put online.|
- 1 MinAgenda for 09-08-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.3 Committee Reports
- 1.4 Camera Review Review
- 1.5 Old Business
- 1.6 New Business
- 1.7 Action Items
- 2 Meeting Metrics
MinAgenda for 09-08-2020
Meeting was Called to Order At: 1948
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/d/d4/August2020ProfitandLoss.pdf
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($25,450.36)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($79,116.82)|
- Covid policy committee work is ongoing. Working on organizing a leadership meet and greet.
Will likely be virtual and is geared toward being several informal hours in september. Hopefully with the help of the outgoing board members, and with the goal of updating the how to be the director page.
Senior Vice President
- Has finished checking in with some outgoing members, as well as participating in the online community that is continuing to hold events. Is working on hosting more social things.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Membership changes since last meeting:
- 5 Member => Hiatus
- 31 Member => Inactive
- 1 Hiatus => Inactive
- 1 Started onboarding
- Treasurer cleaned up a lot of zombie members over the last month, which is why so many people were switched to inactive
- Scholarship fund update:
- 12 Members on scholarship
- $578 Allocated (of $808 available)
- Average value of $48.17/scholar
- Total available value revised to reflect current count of active members (137) according to the CRM
- Key re-activation progress:
- 121 keys have been reactivated (of the 270 currently in the door)
- Several reports were submitted to the board.
We met. We came up with a framework for new rules. They are in the Bylaws Committtee wiki page. The committee wants to dissolve as a committee.
We met. We have an overarching plan for the new database and related software.
We met with the architects. We have a meeting scheduled with the fire marshal to get a basic COO. Door company will be remeasuring the hole in the wall by woodshop for the firewall.
We got the grant and did our customer satisfaction survey. Also, emailed an update to backers.
Safety & Compliance Committee
Limited Use Approval Committee
- Still on hiatus.
Camera Review Review
- on 20200812 Mel and Jan performed a camera review of the front door and classroom on 20200627 1600-1800
- To be continued.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
board slack and e-mails consisted of discussion of the following topics:
- camera reviews
- missed health screenings and/or calendar entries
- Disciplinary warnings to be sent out
- Disciplinary actions to be addressed
- Zone coordinator appointment and re-affirmation
- solicitation license granted (for MEDC grant)
- we received the MEDC money
- Needing a new insurance company by next year (July?)
- making treasurer the head of a committee all of whom get board approval to preform treasurer duties
New Policy Things
- Decide term link
- Ashley 1
- Evan 2
- Matt 2
- Jan 2
- Mark 1
- Mel 1
- Paul 1
- Finalize covid discipline guidelines.
- For very small mistakes (missing a calendar entry or health screening, but not both), the consequence is an unofficial warning.
- For other minor violations (missing both a calendar entry and a health screening, accidentally going the wrong way through the hallway once, etc.), the consequence will be a warning.
- For repeated minor violations or more serious infractions (failing to sanitize anything, not wearing a mask for a significant amount of time, etc.), the consequence will be a two week suspension.
- For second offenses or repeated major violations, the consequence will be a one month suspension.
- Anything further will require using the regular disciplinary methods, including a meeting between the board and the violator.
- Talk about appointing officers & zone coordinators.
- Specifically need to appoint someone in Woodshop.
- Assist Treasurer with Finance Committee.
Free Vending Machine
Habitat for Humanity has a set of vending machines they would like to give to anyone who will haul them away. I suggested that they give them to i3. The owner has disappeared and has not serviced the machines in 2 years. Their attempts to find the business and the owner have turned up nothing. They think the business went under. The machines are in very good condition. There are photos on the Slack space-business channel.
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated:
- Attendees: 15
Action Item Summary
|contact membership and onboarding and activities to coordinate efforts.||A’Lisa|
|Send out email soliciting feedback on the updated harassment policy.||Mel|
|Follow up with fundraising committee on details for raffle license.||Paul|
|Will bring up the covid disciplinary policy on slack.||Mel|
|will report on her findings about insurance companies at the next meeting||Ashley|
|Will a send out a survey calling for officers but not ZoCo’s||Mel|
|Follow up to make sure people added Disciplinary Factors to their appropriate places.||Several|
|Will start a email vote to appoint officers on the 20200922||Que|
|Develop hiatus expiration plan as membership and on boarding VP.||Matt|
|Send out email announcing that Thomas stepped down||Que|
|Talk about budget in regards to the MEDC grant.||Mel|
|Present revised edition of secretary concil||Que|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Create a Finance Committee to help the Treasurer. This committee should be made up of Jody Raiford, Mike Fink, and Melissa Gilchrist, and it should be chaired by the Treasurer.||Mel||Paul||7||x||Pass|
|Dissolve the Bylaws comittee||Mel||Mark||7||0||PASS|
|Suspend Member D for two weeks for violating the Covid Policy. Specifically for refusing to create a calendar entry and improperly wearing a mask inside the building.||Mel||Mark||6||0||Pass|
|Dissolve the Limited Use approval committee.||Evan||Ashley||7||0||PASS|
|Appoint Tim Clayson to be Woodshop Coordinator.||Mel||Paul||7||x||Pass|
- Chair Jamie
- Secretary Que
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20200811||Board Meeting Minutes 20201013|