Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20201013
- 1 Minutes for 10-13-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.3 Committee Reports
- 1.4 Camera Review Review
- 1.5 Old Business
- 1.6 New Business
- 1.7 Action Items
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 10-13-2020
Virtually at http://i3detroit.org/meeting
Meeting was Called to Order At: 7:37PM
Treasurer & Budget
- Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/0/0b/September2020ProfitandLoss.pdf
- Most of the expansion funds are spoken for. Otherwise the Net below is our currently un-spoken-for funds.
- Some discussion on delineating between expansion expenses and day-to-day expenses
- Half the grant funds (50k) are currently directed toward potential COO expenses, so if we have new expenses we have to take from there.
- We're coming up on a year since a lot of people bought annual membership dues, so we might see a bump from people paying for new annual/monthly dues again.
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($)25,735.12|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($)76,705.02|
Sausage and cheese is 21 months
- Currently no secretary
- Jamie wants to set up a meet and greet for new board members/officers. Will send out a whenisgood tomorrow or when someone reminds her.
- Comments on new COVID-19 rules?
- Mel thinks they look good.
- Matt is glad to see the change to allow kids again.
- Jamie: That still needs some work on the back end for the minor waiver.
- Jamie: Keep Jamie in the loop on things that are either broadly not working or otherwise problematic that might need to be adjusted.
Senior Vice President
- Nothing to report
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
- Discussion about scheduling an October Potlock in the next few weeks
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Membership changes since last meeting:
- 4 Member => Hiatus
- 2 Member => Inactive
- 3 Hiatus => Inactive
- 2 Onboarding => Scholarship
- 2 Onboarding => Membership
- 3 Scholarship expirations
- 1 Scholarship renewal
- 2 Started onboarding
- Scholarship fund update:
- 12 Members on scholarship
- $529 Allocated (of $808 available)
- Average value of $48.09/scholar
- Key re-activation progress:
- 136 keys have been reactivated (of the 271 currently in the door)
- Has slowed to one person every few days reactivating
- New memberfication may move to being in person again
- Mel forgot to poke Tom to let him know about the monthly report.
- No updates this month.
- Still waiting on the limited CoO for B side? But we almost have a new fire door! (Needs the bottom finished.)
- No updates this month.
- Evan: how are we doing on things that need to be sent to people?
- We sent an email explaining some things will be late.
- We should add some construction-y photos like the new doors
- No updates this month.
- Mod queue: In the last few weeks, a few items have been sent to -announce and then determined to be erroneous moments later (classic l'esprit d'escalier), so they could be removed from the queue and recomposed.
- Group admin: The new Google Groups interface removes the on-join question that we had been using as a spam trap, and this requires some changes to the new-member forms but it's not that big a deal. See #new-members on october 4, or just https://i3detroit.slack.com/archives/C0PB7TRNE/p1601836628020100
- Nothing else to report.
Board list moderation
Ask if you wanted to be added.
Camera Review Review
- None happened.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- We created a disciplinary framework for covid violations! I think you can find it in the covid rules? Probably?
- We applied some of these rules. Sent 27 warnings. Probably going to suspend some people.
- Put out a survey for officers and now we're going to appoint some officers.
- Some administrative stuff about who is chairing meetings or taking minutes or whatever.
- Lots of discussion of the data analysis of tracking the covid violations. David is going to help.
Outstanding action items
- Will bring up the covid disciplinary policy on slack. - Mel
- Will a send out a survey calling for officers but not ZoCo’s - Mel
- Talk about budget in regards to the MEDC grant. - Mel
- Discussion about where it will live/floor space. For now it can just go on B-Side.
- Mel suggets we take this out of the $50,000 COO allocation instead of taking funds back from zones.
- Evan suggests it could also be considered part of the zone expenses that require it and could come from them.
- General discussion about both of these and compromises in between, like letting zones voluntarily chipping in for it.
COVID-19 Policy Suspensions
- We still need to appoint a Secretary, at least one more Member Advocate, and Commons Zone Coordinator.
New A-B Door
- Discussion over whether the door being installed meets our needs and if there was some miscommunication or error made.
- The quote specifies a flush door with no mention of a threshhold, and based on how it looks it doesn't look flush and looks like there will be a threshhold.
- Discussion will continue in #expansion on Slack
- Time completed: 9:19PM
- Funds appropriated: $2,000
- Attendees: 12
Action Item Summary
|will report on her findings about insurance companies at the next meeting||Ashley|
|Follow up on potential Classroom coordinator||Jan|
|Send an email to the list asking for volunteers for Secretary, Member Advocate, and Commons ZC||Jan|
|Follow up with fundraising committee on details for raffle license.||Paul L|
|contact membership and onboarding and activities to coordinate efforts.||A'Lisa|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Appoint these officers for 2020-2021.
Appoint Jamie Burdeski as President of i3Detroit. Appoint A'List Krawciw as Vice President of i3Detroit. Appoint Jody Raiford as Treasurer of i3Detroit. Appoint Matt Carpenter as Vice President of Membership-Onboarding of i3Detroit.Appoint Paul Lee as Vice President of Activities and Classes of i3Detroit.
|Allocate up to $2000 from expansion funds for purchase of pallet stacker (aka manually operated forklift). POC Tim Clayson. Funds are reappropriated from existing expansion appropriations.||Mark||Mel||6||0||PASS|
|Approve last month's board meeting minutes||Consensus||Consensus||6||0||PASS|
|Suspend members A, B, & C for two weeks for failing to properly fill out their covid paperwork after previously being suspended. Suspend member D for two weeks for repeatedly failing to fill out paperwork after being warned, and for failing to properly wear a mask or respect zone occupancy limits.||Mark||Mel||6||0||PASS|
- Jamie B
- Mike F
- Jan H
- Mel G
- Matt C
- A'Lisa K
- Jody R
- Mark F
- Tim C
- Evan A
- Paul L
- Ashley L
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20200908||Board Meeting Minutes 20201110|