Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20201208

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 12-08-2020

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:39 by Jamie


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: File:2020NovemberProfitandLoss.pdf

Bank balance $115,074.95
Emergency Fund ($30,000.00)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($21,434.21)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($54,509.47)
Net $9,131.27 (NOTE: Rent and Architect are still outstanding. Actual net is closer to $3000)
  • Planning to follow policy and start deactivating keys for members that are far behind on payments.
  • Budget planning time, when to meet request sent out. Expect this to happen next year, hopefully in January.


  • No updates. Just doing meeting minutes as part of the secretary tasks. No replacement secretary yet.


  • Much stuff for the COVID exposure was done.
    • Now better prepared for the future.
    • Would be best to do a very prompt camera review, so questions about exposure could be better answered. There were a reasonable number of questions from members.
    • We should define what the guidelines we will use to define exposure, and put that into the best practices.
  • Are there concerns with the space being open after the exposure?
    • Board consensus is this is reasonable.
    • Health department was good with how the process was executed.
    • Will plan to email health department in the future.

Senior Vice President

  • The updated process and health department, and things we learned, should get updated on the wiki.
  • Checked with Matt C and Paul L for tasks to do to help out with
    • Virtual tour coordination and calendar updates

VP of Activities & Classes

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership changes since last meeting:

  • 1 Member => Inactive
  • 2 Scholarship expiration
  • 1 Scholarship start
  • Not much going on

Scholarship fund update:

  • 10 Members on scholarship
  • $470 Allocated (of $791 available)
  • Average value of $47/scholar
  • Capacity is available

Key re-activation progress:

  • 151 keys have been reactivated (of the 279 currently in the door)

Member Advocate

  • One reported issue, board discussion is ongoing.

Committee Reports

CRM Committee

  • Did not meet last month.

Expansion Committee

  • Did not meet last month.
  • There is now a COO!
  • Committee Meeting at 6:00 PM on December 9, 2020 [that's like tomorrow]

Fundraising Committee

  • Did not meet last month.
  • Ford Grant process is closed for 2020, so will try again in 2021.
  • Patronicity site update should probably happen.

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
  • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

  • N/A

Old Business

Motion to approve last months minutes
Moved by Mel
Result: PASS
    • Link to last months minutes

Camera Review Review

  • One was done for the COVID exposure on Sunday November 22, covering 12:00 - 14:00 to determine exposure and areas requiring cleaning.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Discussion of disciplinary issues
  • Covid exposure emails with OC Health Dept
  • Discussion of who is available for a camera review
  • A volunteer for secretary (during last board meeting)
  • Discussion of scheduling budget meeting, or combining with regular board meeting
  • Discussion of response to COVID exposure -- cleaning, equipment, health screening form update, email notifications to membership
  • Discussion about protection of privacy and being able to offer information to concerned individuals with regard to COVID exposure at the space

Outstanding action items

  • Facebook update with status and virtual tours.
  • Fundraising of some kind should happen.

New Business

  • Figure out what to do about Member F.
Suspend Member F for two weeks for not being excellent to others, specifically violating Standing rules 10.3 "The member is a disruption about whom multiple members have complained"
Moved by Mel, Seconded by Paul
6 Ayes / 1 Nays
Result: PASS
Action Item: Mel - Start a google doc to communicate to Member F by December 11


Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
Start a google doc to communicate to Member F by December 11Mel

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Motion to approve last months minutesMelPASS
Suspend Member F for two weeks for not being excellent to others, specifically violating Standing rules 10.3 "The member is a disruption about whom multiple members have complained"MelPaul61PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 21:44
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 12


  1. David Henry
  2. Jan Henry
  3. Melissa Gilchrist
  4. A’Lisa Krawciw
  5. Jamie Burdeski
  6. Jody Raiford
  7. Matt Carpenter
  8. Mike Fink
  9. Ashley Lesse
  10. Evan Allen
  11. Mark Furland
  12. Paul Frick

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20201110 Board Meeting Minutes 20210112