Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210511
- 1 Minutes for 05-11-2021
- 1.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 1.2 Officer Reports
- 1.3 Committee Reports
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 05-11-2021
= Meeting Location = Virtual Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:34 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/9/99/ProfitandLoss_2021_04.pdf
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($27,128.46)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($43,797.48)|
- We are on pace to get the grant money spent. Zones are being encouraged to get their expansion funds spent, or they may lose it this summer.
- Expansion funds need to be spent on expansion related equipment and work. Not covered are rent, utility payments, maintenance, etc.
- Is it easy to graph the net income / expense over 12 months?
- Probably not horrible, so may look into this.
- No updates.
- Changes in COVID policy are being discussed.
Senior Vice President
- No updates.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
- 1 Member Returned from Hiatus
- 1 (Potential) Member Started Onboarding
- 1 New Scholarships
- 1 Scholarship Renewals
- 1 Scholarship Expiration
Scholarship fund update:
- 11 Members on scholarship
- $519 Allocated (34% available)
- Average value of $47.18/scholar
- Net change of +1 dues-paying member and no net scholar count change since last meeting!
- More members are starting to inquire about returning from their pandemic hiatuses!
- This effect hasn't hit new member numbers yet, still ~1 per month (Between April and May 2019 board meetings 11 people started onboarding and another 10 finished the process and became members)
- No known issues.
- We did meet. The technical people are still working on technical things, but to help in the design of the system, the rest of us are working on clarifying various member/user statuses and permissions. We've got a google doc and a chart that we'll be working on turning into a flowchart. Once it's all done, we're planning on using it not only as a source for the programming work, but a clear statement of policy to add to the wiki. If you want to see where we're at now, links are in the crm channel on slack.
- Removing expansion updates from board meetings.
- Did not meet, but Mel attended a grant writing webinar instead. We don't yet qualify for the specific grant it was for, but there were lots of good general tips which she tried to capture to the slack channel. One key bit was the importance of useful data that captures how we benefit our community, so we should try to get back to the survey.
- No update.
- Reports only expected in July.
Camera Review Review
- None happened.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Logistics about meetings
Outstanding action items
Action Item: Ashley - Insurance quotes
- What's the status on getting insurance quotes?
- Questions look good.
- Do we know the date of original construction for the building? Current guess is 1961.
- Other occupants / use - storage of boats.
- Have security cameras.
- Fire system consist of fire wall and fire extinguishers. Also fire door to comply with local code.
- Coverage is for loaned tools and project materials in addition to space equipment.
- General liability for officers and directors.
- Allocate 3000 dollar yearly for art projects that improve the space.
- Given the short remaining year, more comfortable with $1000
- Making Jamie the contact / coordinator.
Action Item Summary
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Propose to allocate $1,000 to Jamie as Art Czar to put art on the building.||Mel||Mark||6||1||PASS|
- Time completed: 20:29
- Funds appropriated: $1000
- Attendees: 13
- Paul Lee
- David Henry
- A’Lisa Krawciw
- Melissa Gilchrist
- Matt Carpenter
- Jody Raiford
- Paul Frick
- Jamie Burdeski
- Mike Fink
- Jan Henry
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20210413||Board Meeting Minutes 20210608|