Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210511

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search


Minutes for 05-11-2021

= Meeting Location = Virtual Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:34 by Jamie

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/9/99/ProfitandLoss_2021_04.pdf

Bank balance $117,466.96
Emergency Fund ($30,000)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($27,128.46)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($43,797.48)
Net $16,541.02
  • We are on pace to get the grant money spent. Zones are being encouraged to get their expansion funds spent, or they may lose it this summer.
  • Expansion funds need to be spent on expansion related equipment and work. Not covered are rent, utility payments, maintenance, etc.
  • Is it easy to graph the net income / expense over 12 months?
    • Probably not horrible, so may look into this.

Secretary

  • No updates.

President

  • Changes in COVID policy are being discussed.

Senior Vice President

  • No updates.

VP of Activities & Classes

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership changes since last meeting:

  • 1 Member Returned from Hiatus
  • 1 (Potential) Member Started Onboarding
  • 1 New Scholarships
  • 1 Scholarship Renewals
  • 1 Scholarship Expiration

Scholarship fund update:

  • 11 Members on scholarship
  • $519 Allocated (34% available)
  • Average value of $47.18/scholar
  • Net change of +1 dues-paying member and no net scholar count change since last meeting!

General Info

  • More members are starting to inquire about returning from their pandemic hiatuses!
  • This effect hasn't hit new member numbers yet, still ~1 per month (Between April and May 2019 board meetings 11 people started onboarding and another 10 finished the process and became members)

Member Advocate

  • No known issues.

Committee Reports

CRM Committee

  • We did meet. The technical people are still working on technical things, but to help in the design of the system, the rest of us are working on clarifying various member/user statuses and permissions. We've got a google doc and a chart that we'll be working on turning into a flowchart. Once it's all done, we're planning on using it not only as a source for the programming work, but a clear statement of policy to add to the wiki. If you want to see where we're at now, links are in the crm channel on slack.

Expansion

  • Removing expansion updates from board meetings.

Fundraising Committee

  • Did not meet, but Mel attended a grant writing webinar instead. We don't yet qualify for the specific grant it was for, but there were lots of good general tips which she tried to capture to the slack channel. One key bit was the importance of useful data that captures how we benefit our community, so we should try to get back to the survey.

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
    • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • None happened.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Logistics about meetings

Outstanding action items

Action Item: Ashley - Insurance quotes
  • What's the status on getting insurance quotes?
    • Questions look good.
    • Do we know the date of original construction for the building? Current guess is 1961.
    • Other occupants / use - storage of boats.
    • Have security cameras.
    • Fire system consist of fire wall and fire extinguishers. Also fire door to comply with local code.
    • Coverage is for loaned tools and project materials in addition to space equipment.
    • General liability for officers and directors.

New Business

  • Allocate 3000 dollar yearly for art projects that improve the space.
  • Given the short remaining year, more comfortable with $1000
  • Making Jamie the contact / coordinator.


Proposal:
Propose to allocate $1,000 to Jamie as Art Czar to put art on the building.
Context
I want art on the walls
Moved by Mel; Seconded by Mark
6 Ayes / 1 Nays
Result: PASS

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
Insurance quotesAshley

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Propose to allocate $1,000 to Jamie as Art Czar to put art on the building.MelMark61PASS


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:29
  • Funds appropriated: $1000
  • Attendees: 13

Attendance

  1. Paul Lee
  2. David Henry
  3. A’Lisa Krawciw
  4. Melissa Gilchrist
  5. Matt Carpenter
  6. Jody Raiford
  7. Paul Frick
  8. Jamie Burdeski
  9. Mark
  10. Mike Fink
  11. Jan Henry
  12. Ashley
  13. Evan


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20210413 Board Meeting Minutes 20210608