Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210608

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 06-08-2021

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:38 by Jamie

Virtual

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Financial report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/File:MonthlyFinancialReport_-_05-30-2021.pdf

Operating Flow report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/File:OperatingIncomeReport_-_05-30-2021.pdf

Zones Report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/File:MonthlyFinancialReport_-_05-30-2021.pdf

Bank balance $106,945.99
Emergency Fund ($30,000.00)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($27,236.60)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($37,300.42)
Net $12,408.97

TL:DR:: We're still losing money, not counting the expansion money, but only a trickle. Once we can start enrolling new members at the old pace, I expect the budget to right itself. And we have enough savings to survive until then, at current projections. The expansion is on track, though Zones still have a lot of money to spend.

Secretary

  • No updates.

President

  • Working on COVID policy updates. Most done at the last member meeting.
  • Would like more feedback on how well policy is followed.
  • Yes, occupancy limits have rounding issues, but it's close so won't change.
  • Is the board comfortable with any legal or liability issues if we fully open with no restrictions?
    • Evan: The waiver is the only legal policy that covers us. Current insurance does not cover it. The largest issue is that a small group of members vote to open the space, and then many other choose to leave and there is a financial loss.
    • Jamie: Looking for a way to get better feedback to avoid this issue.
    • Mark: The opinion of may was not to do this at this time, so why are we still discussing further.
    • Mel: Straw poll isn't the worst idea, but notice in advance is very critical to insure involvement. If members choose to not to participate in decisions, that is there choice.
    • Jamie: Nothing would be proposed until July.
    • Ashley: There is a risk in getting information too soon, as opinions may change over time. Don't see risk with a member vote, but would be useful if board and officers were covered by insurance.
    • Mark: Not willing to enforce vaccine checking if rules are different for different individuals.
    • Jamie: A good faith effort is vauge and all that is required. Does not think that there is legal risk in not checking.
    • Evan: Following the legal requirements are likely ineffective, but would meet legal requirements.
    • Paul L: Have a special board meeting post member meeting if needed. If there is no need, then it can be adjourned, and if not issues can be discussed.

Senior Vice President

  • From social health and well-being, some members did attend a wedding event.
  • Still having virtual tours.

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
  • No more sewciety.
  • Will look to see if anyone is interested in leading classes.
  • Mel: May teach another tax class.
  • Que: Class on slide rules.

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership changes since last meeting:

  • 2 Members Went on Hiatus
  • 1 (Potential) Member Started Onboarding

Scholarship fund update:

  • 12 Members on scholarship
  • $578 Allocated (27% available)
  • Average value of $48.17/scholar
  • Net change of -2 dues-paying members and +1 scholarship since last meeting
  • May start looking into in person tours.
    • Jamie has done some.
    • A'Lisa can look into this as well.
    • Paul L: Tours are a good deal of work. Will look into helping out with tours as well.

Member Advocate

  • No reports.
  • May look into trying to fill positions.
  • Ashley: It is a good position to have based on other organizations. Not having much activity is good.
  • Jamie: It works well if the advocate is a active member of the community so other members feel comfortable to them.
  • Jan: Many complaints do not go to the advocate.

Committee Reports

CRM Committee

  • We met. We're looking for more help from technical people. Web developers, testers, other software, all are welcome. There was an email to the list with details.

Fundraising Committee

  • Did not meet.

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
  • Reports only expected in July.
  • Mel will check with Sean to insure we're all set.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • None done.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Medical and disciplinary issues discussed in slack. All are or expected to be resolved soon.

Outstanding action items

Action Item: Ashley - INSURANCE
  • Do we have any quotes yet? Current policy expires next month. (14 July 2021 specifically).
    • Needs to follow up with a few of the agents.
    • Insurance for officers and directors is different and would go through agents.
    • For coverage should use the standard list we submit to the state.
  • If we don't have insurance by the time our policy expires, what is the plan?
    • We should probably close as we would be fully liable for anything.
  • Doesn't the waiver cover us?
    • Sort of, but if sued we would be responsible for all litigation costs.
  • We have just over 5 weeks, when is our panic date?
    • End of month.
  • What is the quickest possible turn around?
    • Most wouldn't quote more than 30-60 days out, so we're within the time-frame of what is standard.
  • If we don't have or isn't likely at the end of the month, then we can notify membership, and we would still have a board meeting.
    • Voting could be done remotely if needed.
  • Should we have a special meeting to handle this?
    • No, this can be done then.
    • If it doesn't look likely we can send a note to membership.
  • If we can't get a 5 year policy, could we get a shorter term?

New Business

Proposal:
Proposal to suspend Member 2021C for one month for repeatedly failing to wear a mask properly in the space and becoming hostile when asked to correct their mask. Also, for being a repeat offender who violated Covid rules in the past.
Moved by Evan; Seconded by Mel
7 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • Que Would like to work on accessibility, and would like to form a SIG to coordinate projects.
    • SIGs do not require approval for creation.
    • If funding is required in the future is there a way to handle this?
    • Paul L: Interested in joining.
    • Jody: Does this go under fire and safety? There is some budget allocated already.
    • Mel: SIG is fine, but if there is budget requests we would like more time, we don't want to consider now.
    • Jamie: Supports an accessibility SIG.

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
INSURANCEAshley

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Proposal to suspend Member 2021C for one month for repeatedly failing to wear a mask properly in the space and becoming hostile when asked to correct their mask. Also, for being a repeat offender who violated Covid rules in the past.EvanMel70PASS


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:52
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 14

Attendance

  1. Melissa Gilchrist
  2. David Henry
  3. Paul Frick
  4. A’Lisa Krawciw
  5. Jody Raiford
  6. Mike Fink
  7. Que Fanning
  8. Paul Lee
  9. Jan Henry
  10. Jamie Burdeski
  11. Ashley Lesser
  12. Mark F.
  13. Matt Carpenter
  14. Evan A.


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20210511 Board Meeting Minutes 20210713