Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20211221
- 1 Minutes for 12-21-2021
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 12-21-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:32 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
|Bank balance||$ 94,720.17|
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($28,287.77)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($31,357.37)|
- About break even overall for the year.
- Rent will go up next year in Jan / Feb. About $100 for A side, and $140 for B side.
- Are we still on track for spending MEDC money?
- Not completely, but CNC will be moving soon, and much activity can follow.
- Do we still need a grand opening?
- Should we set a budget for next year?
- As we are about neutral on revenue / expenses, there won't be much budget to allocate.
- It may make sense to freeze the budget for the next 6 months so we can re-evaluate then.
Context: Existing budget can still be spent. Rent and utilities will be paid.
- Thanks for taking meeting minutes while I was out on vacation.
- Nothing to report.
- Any questions?
- How's art going? Inside mural is in process and looks great. Drawings exist for outside plans.
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
- 2 Members completed onboarding
- 1 Scholarship expiration
Scholarship fund update:
- 12 Members on scholarship
- $538 Allocated (31.95% available)
- Average value of $44.83/scholar
- Nothing happened in November.
- Some continued investigation.
- Is CRM a committee? Does it have delegated powers of the board?
- It's more of a working group, and currently includes the treasurer and VP of member onboarding.
- No plans to request more funds other than the existing $5 / month for the AWS instance.
- Anyway we agreed to try to fix seltzer a bit and just keep the work djmeph has done and the non-payment bits of seltzer.
Containerization work is ongoing.
- Did not meet.
- No update.
- Reports only expected in July.
Camera Review Review
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Someone very kind setup a bunch of reminders for people to summarize board discussions.
- All of the traffic was just reminders.
Outstanding action items
- We need more volunteers for tours.
- Do we change every tours event to say "no tour unless someone volunteers and edits this event"?
- This seems like a good idea.
- Should we reduce the frequency to once a month? Also seems like a good plan.
- Mel is willing to give a tour to "train" tour leaders so they're more comfortable giving tours. Jamie is willing to help too.
- Jeff is willing to help host tours.
- Mel and Jamie to setup a tour training early in 2022.
- Would be worth setting up tours on Eventbrite. If nothing else it's more visibility.
Glass Zone creation
- Not asking for money right this second, but Glass will be asking for funds in the next year budget. Mentioning it here so it won't be a surprise.
- Also, Glass Zone could really use some skilled teachers. Jody's willing to keep coordinating but only has basic glass knowledge. (if someone just wants to take it over, Jody's happy to hand it off)
- Will address next month.
Walk in Stuff
- Plan to replace A side office furnace main board and see if that solves issues. Hopefully this would be covered under the available infrastructure budget.
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Make Jamie the common zone coordinator||Evan||Matt||5||0||PASS|
|Make Frank La Marca tool crib coordinator||Mark||Matt||0||0||PASS|
|Postpone budget planning until the June board meeting.||Mark||Mike||5||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 20:42
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 12
- David Henry
- Mel Gilchrist
- Jody Raiford
- Jan Henry
- Matt Carpenter
- Mike Fink
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20211109||Board Meeting Minutes 20220118|