Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20211221

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search


Minutes for 12-21-2021

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:32 by Jamie

Virtual

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report:

November Financial Statement

November Operating Funds

Bank balance $ 94,720.17
Emergency Fund ($30,000.00)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($28,287.77)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($31,357.37)
Other Allocations ($1,000.00)
Net $4,075.03
  • About break even overall for the year.
  • Rent will go up next year in Jan / Feb. About $100 for A side, and $140 for B side.
  • Are we still on track for spending MEDC money?
    • Not completely, but CNC will be moving soon, and much activity can follow.
    • Do we still need a grand opening?
  • Should we set a budget for next year?
    • As we are about neutral on revenue / expenses, there won't be much budget to allocate.
    • It may make sense to freeze the budget for the next 6 months so we can re-evaluate then.


Proposal:
Postpone budget planning until the June board meeting.
Moved by Mark, Seconded by Mike
5 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Context: Existing budget can still be spent. Rent and utilities will be paid.

Secretary

  • Thanks for taking meeting minutes while I was out on vacation.

President

  • Nothing to report.
  • Any questions?
    • How's art going? Inside mural is in process and looks great. Drawings exist for outside plans.

Senior Vice President

  • N/A

VP of Activities & Classes

  • N/A

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership changes since last meeting:

  • 2 Members completed onboarding
  • 1 Scholarship expiration

Scholarship fund update:

  • 12 Members on scholarship
  • $538 Allocated (31.95% available)
  • Average value of $44.83/scholar

Member Advocate

  • Nothing happened in November.
  • Some continued investigation.

Committee Reports

CRM Committee

  • Is CRM a committee? Does it have delegated powers of the board?
    • It's more of a working group, and currently includes the treasurer and VP of member onboarding.
    • No plans to request more funds other than the existing $5 / month for the AWS instance.
  • Anyway we agreed to try to fix seltzer a bit and just keep the work djmeph has done and the non-payment bits of seltzer.

Containerization work is ongoing.

Fundraising Committee

  • Did not meet.

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
    • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

  • N/A

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • None

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Someone very kind setup a bunch of reminders for people to summarize board discussions.
    • All of the traffic was just reminders.

Outstanding action items

  • None

New Business

Tours

  • We need more volunteers for tours.
  • Do we change every tours event to say "no tour unless someone volunteers and edits this event"?
    • This seems like a good idea.
    • Should we reduce the frequency to once a month? Also seems like a good plan.
    • Mel is willing to give a tour to "train" tour leaders so they're more comfortable giving tours. Jamie is willing to help too.
    • Jeff is willing to help host tours.
    • Mel and Jamie to setup a tour training early in 2021.
    • Would be worth setting up tours on Eventbrite. If nothing else it's more visibility.

Tool Crib

Proposal:
Make Frank La Marca tool crib coordinator
Context
Mark isn't doing anything and it needs work
Moved by Mark, Seconded by Matt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Glass Zone creation

  • Not asking for money right this second, but Glass will be asking for funds in the next year budget. Mentioning it here so it won't be a surprise.
  • Also, Glass Zone could really use some skilled teachers. Jody's willing to keep coordinating but only has basic glass knowledge. (if someone just wants to take it over, Jody's happy to hand it off)

Classroom

  • Will address next month.

Commons

Proposal:
Make Jamie the common zone coordinator
Context
It's been ages since someone has done this.
Moved by Evan, Seconded by Matt
5 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Walk in Stuff

  • Plan to replace A side office furnace main board and see if that solves issues. Hopefully this would be covered under the available infrastructure budget.

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Postpone budget planning until the June board meeting.MarkMike50PASS
Make Jamie the common zone coordinatorEvanMatt50PASS
Make Frank La Marca tool crib coordinatorMarkMatt00PASS


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:42
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 12

Attendance

  1. Jamie
  2. David Henry
  3. Mel Gilchrist
  4. Jody Raiford
  5. Jan Henry
  6. Matt Carpenter
  7. Drew
  8. Evan
  9. Jeff
  10. Mark
  11. Mike Fink
  12. Louie


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20211109 Board Meeting Minutes 20220118