Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20220419

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 04-19-2022

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:35 by Jamie


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/SomethingTheTreasurerWillUpdateLater

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $


  • Will be around for May / June meetings.


  • Need to think about outside Mural process with Landlord and city now that spring is getting close.

Senior Vice President

  • No update.

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Normal scheduled activities other than tours this Friday are canceled due to Penguicon.

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership status as of 1-April (Delta 1-March to 1-April)

  • Scholarship: 9 (+1)
  • Hiatus: 122 (-2)
  • Onboarding: 100 (+3)
  • Member: 144 (+5)
  • Left: 58 (0)

Scholarship Fund

  • 11 Members on scholarship
  • $549 Allocated (35.38% available)
  • Average value of $49.91/scholar

Member Advocate

  • Has not checked box in the space, but nothing electronic reported recently.

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
  • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • One requested for Welding. Not done yet.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Not much
  • Discussed approving funds to repair the furnaces then decided the funds had already been allocated and infrastructure could distribute them without board involvement

Outstanding action items

Action Item: Paul - Tour training class.
Action Item: Mel - email member list to find someone to help coordinate hosting the entrepreneur meetup at i3

Completed action items

  • Mark: email member list to find someone to help coordinate MEDC fundraiser rewards.

New Business

  • Do we want to fix the front office heat now, or just wait until late summer to re-visit, at which point we'll forget until fall and then need to panic?

Publishing Banned List

  • Non-legal opinion from a lawyer: Probably fine, if we want to be *super* sure it's fine publish the list of banned people and the list of reasons separately.
    • That way people can't claim we're lying about them because them getting banned is 100% factual and that is all we are asserting about an individual.
    • This would give us everything I want out of a banned list, reasons people get banned, and also the list of people who got banned.
    • Anyone object to that happening? No objections, so will work on a draft to get this posted on the wiki.


Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
email member list to find someone to help coordinate hosting the entrepreneur meetup at i3Mel
Tour training class.Paul

Proposal Summary

No proposals.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:06
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 10


  1. Jamie
  2. David
  3. Jan
  4. Mark
  5. Evan
  6. Paul Lee
  7. Matt C
  8. Drew
  9. Sthefanny
  10. A'Lisa

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20220322 Board Meeting Minutes 20220517