Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20240116
- 1 Minutes for 01-16-2024
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 01-16-2024
Meeting was Called to Order At: 7:32P
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
- There is no official appointed treasurer currently, and the workload is shared between multiple members.
- A paperwork party meeting was held on 2024-01-09 with healthy attendance to discuss the architecture of current treasurer processes.
- Minutes for the previous meetings have not been published yet, but will be soon.
Senior Vice President
VP of Membership
- Membership numbers are holding steady. The scholarship limit has been reached.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Mel is interested in participation by another member advocate.
- Reports only expected in July.
Mark Does Shit and/or infrastructure Committee
Zone email lists updated to match wiki on 2024-01-01. I wish someone told me once the wiki had been updated.
Two things someone may want to follow up on:
- ceramics@ is a user not a list, and I don't remember if any handoff of that account happened.
- kilns@ and glass@ are lists with the proper people.
- injectionmolding@ is a user, not a list. This is probably fine?
- elab@ is a user not a list and this is fine.
- Minutes approval tabled for next meeting.
Camera Review Review
1/15 - Review done on CNC/Machine shop area by Dave Hurt and Dave Smith
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
1. Acknowledgement of the new lease.
2. Some questions about camera reviews, including logistics about who is available to help with them.
3. Some discussion about people volunteering to fill open positions, including discussion about what sort of procedure we should use to fill those positions and what priority there is on filling positions.
4. Some discussion about discipline issues. By far the most conversation in the past month has been about that, mostly about the recent ban (over 100 emails, plus other discussions on slack, in real time meetings, etc.).
Outstanding action items
Email Vote 2023-12-28
- Discussion about Lauren Yellen nomination to be Vice President of Activities And Classes
- Discussion about a potential new Member Advocate, MattH
LaurenY rings cowbell (as newly appointed VP of Activities and Classes)
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|WHEREAS Deb Scott has demonstrated a pattern of initiating frequent conflicts with numerous other members, due to her attitude of assuming the worst,
AND WHEREAS Deb Scott consistently responds to conflicts in a way that makes conflicts intractable,
AND WHEREAS Deb Scott has been repeatedly advised on how to improve her handling of conflicts with other members, but seldom remembers these interactions, and is mistaken when she does remember,
AND WHEREAS Deb Scott does not understand, remember, and follow established rules and procedures, especially in terms of anything involving paperwork, which reduces the enthusiasm of members in good standing to making a contribution to i3Detroit if it risks her involvement,
AND WHEREAS this pattern has persisted throughout Deb's membership at i3Detroit, beginning in late 2022 and continuing through 2023 without improvement,
AND WHEREAS Deb Scott's position is that i3Detroit's conflict resolution process, elected board of directors, appointed officers, and those to whom she can turn for redress of grievances, is (in her own accounting) discredited, and wrong in setting limits on her, and cannot be trusted to redress her grievances, making her further participation in i3Detroit unacceptable to both Deb Scott and i3Detroit,
AND WHEREAS despite the above, Deb Scott continues to participate and act in a manner that indicates no willingness to change, making it necessary for i3Detroit to initiate a separation,
WE RESOLVE that, effective December 31, 2023, Deb Scott shall be banned from all spaces operated by i3 Detroit indefinitely until the board of directors votes to overturn this ban.
WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective December 31, 2023, Deb Scott shall be banned from all i3 electronic communication channels.
WE RESOLVE FURTHER that, effective December 31, 2023, Deb Scott is unwelcome at and may not participate in any i3 Detroit presence occurring at either public or private events.
WE RESOLVE FURTHER that any personal property of Deb Scott that remains in the space as of January 31, 2024, shall be considered donated to i3.WE RESOLVE FURTHER that the Secretary is directed to add Deb Scott to the list of banned persons kept near the entrance, and directed to send a notice of this proposal to the i3-announce mailing list.
|Appoint Matt Huber to be Member Advocate
|Appoint Lauren Yellen to be Vice President of Activities And Classes
- Time completed: 8:11P
- Funds appropriated: none
|Board Meeting Minutes 20231219
|Board Meeting Minutes 20240220