Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20240416

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 2024-04-16

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220

Or

Virtual

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/something

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $

Secretary

President

Senior Vice President

VP of Membership

VP of Activities & Classes

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

No update.

Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

Outstanding action items

New Business

  • Proposed changes to Parking ticket policy in the standing rules


Proposal:
I would like to propose the following changes to the Parking Ticket policy to allow more effective cleanup of ticketed items.

- Remove "and disposed of accordingly" from item 1.5 - Add a an item 1.6 "Any member can relocate an item with an expired parking ticket("abandoned") to the Grave Yard but they must ensure the Parking Ticket remains on the item to allow the board to make the final decision on what to do with the item.

Moved by Frank Aloia
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: '
  • Proposed changes to Grave Yard policy


Proposal:
I would like to propose the following changes to the Grave Yard policy to support the previous proposed change to the Parking Ticket policy

Change the policy on a member taking possession of an item relocated to the Grave Yard to exclude items with a Parking Ticket on them. These items can only be handled by the Board.

Moved by Frank Aloia
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: '


Proposal:
Proposal to officially appoint Tim and Alicia as Treasurer
Moved by Dave Hurt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: '


Proposal:
Proposal to officially appoint Hans Chen to be Classroom Coordinator
Moved by Dave Hurt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: '


Proposal:
Proposal to replace the existing crm system with a commercial product. The idea is we can pay $60~100/month to have someone else manage and maintain a commercial system that we use instead of trying to maintain a number of separate products that currently fail at meeting all of our needs.

Proposal is to empower membership and finance to investigate and propose a replacement to the existing crm with a tool that will fit our needs for member management with the capabilities to extend to automating and managing other areas of membership such as door access, not to exceed $100/month in cost. Team would bring replacement proposal to the May board meeting.

Moved by Dave Hurt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: '

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Proposal to officially appoint Hans Chen to be Classroom CoordinatorDave Hurt00
I would like to propose the following changes to the Grave Yard policy to support the previous proposed change to the Parking Ticket policy Change the policy on a member taking possession of an item relocated to the Grave Yard to exclude items with a Parking Ticket on them. These items can only be handled by the Board.Frank Aloia00
Proposal to replace the existing crm system with a commercial product. The idea is we can pay $60~100/month to have someone else manage and maintain a commercial system that we use instead of trying to maintain a number of separate products that currently fail at meeting all of our needs. Proposal is to empower membership and finance to investigate and propose a replacement to the existing crm with a tool that will fit our needs for member management with the capabilities to extend to automating and managing other areas of membership such as door access, not to exceed $100/month in cost. Team would bring replacement proposal to the May board meeting.Dave Hurt00
Proposal to officially appoint Tim and Alicia as TreasurerDave Hurt00
I would like to propose the following changes to the Parking Ticket policy to allow more effective cleanup of ticketed items.

- Remove "and disposed of accordingly" from item 1.5

- Add a an item 1.6 "Any member can relocate an item with an expired parking ticket("abandoned") to the Grave Yard but they must ensure the Parking Ticket remains on the item to allow the board to make the final decision on what to do with the item.
Frank Aloia00


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Funds appropriated:
  • Attendees:

Attendance

  1. Chair
  2. Secretary


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20240319