Minutes:Maker Faire Meeting 20190716
- 1 Agenda for 07-16-2019
- 1.1 Status Updates
- 1.2 Other Topics
- 1.3 Roles
- 1.4 Important Notes from Last Year
Agenda for 07-16-2019
Planning for Maker Faire 2019
Get more T-shirts
Assignee: Paul & Mel
Call for Volunteers
Call for Projects/Vendors
Assignees: Lew, Kevin
Assignees: Lew and Kevin
Fix MoneySucker - DONE
Build Additional Donation Project - HELP NEEDED
At the original planning meeting in January 8 roles were identified to help spread out the work. Is everyone still good with the roles they volunteered for? Who can we get to fill the remaining positions?
- Run regular planning meetings, provide assistance to other leaders, project management (maintain timelines verify progress).
- Volunteer: Vivian
- Contact for i3 members/associates interested in selling wares at the event.
- Work with infrastructure to place storefronts in appropriate places with access to required resources
- Volunteer: Lew
- Encourage members to display projects, maintain list of project components (deliver to loadmaster and infrastructure), set up orphaned projects. Generate fancy display labels for projects.
- Volunteer: Kevin
Henry Ford Contact
- Main contact person for THF
- Volunteer: Mel
Pooba of Powerstrips (Infrastructure)
- Manage layout of floor space and distribution of resources to displays which require them (Includes power, TVs, etc.). Collect i3 items which need to be borrowed. Set up signage at event.
- Volunteer: Gary
- Create and send out the form to membership requesting volunteers for setup/operation/teardown of both main event and afterparty. Assign volunteers to roles based on availability.
- Volunteer: Louie
- In charge of reserving the truck and loading/unloading items per manifest provided by project wrangler and infrastructure coordinator. Stays with the truck on Friday and Sunday.
- Volunteer: David
- Schedule food/entertainment for the Maker Faire afterparty, create/distribute invitations, work with the volunteer coordinator to identify bodies to help clean and arrange the space for the party
- Volunteer: Jan
Important Notes from Last Year
- Do we want to do a hangout type area again?
- Take inventory before the event of which TVs support HDMI/SD cards and give priority to taking those to Maker Faire.
- On the form that asks what stuff your project will need to ask if SD or HDMI etc. will be needed on TV?
- Event PR - Need to identify a few people to handle this for the event, posting before, pictures during, advertising the party etc.
- Rope and stanchions for traffic flow control
- Ashley will be seeking volunteers to help run letterpress demos (4-5 people ideally; fewer volunteers means we don't run the press the whole weekend). It's popular with the kiddos, and an inexpensive giveaway.
- Write up projects which used i3 for repairs during Maker Faire in our PR for the event
- Use colored wristbands to identify over/under 21 and for counting attendees
- Business cards - Easy to hand out cards with the location of space, the timing of open tours, space on the back for a person to put their name and contact
- Get Maker Faire party invites into maker packets
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|