Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20131119
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20131105||Meeting Minutes 20131203|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Item Review
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Zone updates
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Action Items
- 2 Attendance
Chair Justin Triplett
Action Item Review
- Bruce Webber
- Auren Kaplan - Digital marketing
- Black cart by cleaning supplies cabinet will become part of the E Lab supply storage
- Pay attention to what your guests are doing because sometimes they are driving nails into the ceiling and throwing wires over power lines
- This has all been fixed.
- Wiki page for the bike zone?
- Jason needs some help, advice, volunteer
- Someone brought in a bicycle repair stand, Thank you!
- Very not cool, a bicycle chain breaker tool is missing
- Jason's personal property
- Please return it
- Second laser class happening tonight
- It's full
- Open 3D printer course Thursday at 7pm, meeting in the common area
- Looking for open source tool chain because Windows XP software is not working well enough for the Protomat CNC
- It's a good tree
- Going to clean it soon in preparation for painting
- By that Max means he's going to have people helping
- It's up high
- And Max is short
- A sad sad place right now
- Jody was laid off in his factory clothes, so he will have more time to work on the zone :( ... :) ?
- No noose is good noose
- Jointer and Planer class on Thursday 11/21 at 7pm
- Scheduled on Eventbrite, Greg learned how to do this
- Smack-talk: Jason should learn to use the wiki for the Bike Zone
- Working on getting the buffer up and going
- Do you still believe in that buffer? - Ted
- Yes. - Brian
- Make sure metal shop drill bits from the Metal Shop are returned to where they belong.
- They are nicer
- different than the ones in the tool crib
- Metal shop set: not for general purpose use, tool crib bits: for general use
- Not much else new going on in the machine shop
- Vise mounted in the mill, so we could actually cut parts if we wanted to today!
- Some trouble with getting the power in, solved it
- The Haas controller is not entirely intuitive, figured it out
- Wood doesn't usually, go in the CNC because we don't change the coolant frequently enough to prevent wood from rotting and fermenting
- Hobby CNC
- MasterCAM for it? so we can use it? - Andrew M.
- CNC training
- A "grueling process"
- Takes more than a couple hours to learn
- Currently figuring out how training will work for the Haas CNC
- Want to be training people to think about the whole process of milling
- Lock you in, get you to fix, improve, clean i3, then food.
- Coming up soon in December
- Happening either the 7th or the 14th
- Matt is reminded of his soldering class on the Dec. 7th, oops.
- It's an arranged appointment with a group of school children.
- It's happening 1-6pm in a fixed slot.
- He hasn't heard anything from them recently so it might be ok to move it to another time?
- He needs to follow up on that.
- Etymology lesson: It's a pot luck and a lock-in
- Discussed: If you're not touching your member storage for a while, make room for people that might use it.
- Reaper process
- Take pictures of plots that look inactive
- Contact, and ask people if they're using the space
- Discussion: Is the membership storage woefully inadequate?
- Can we do better? - Max G. A.
- Would like to see the Wood Shop be more than saws on carts
- The current storage is awesome because no one else has made anything better - Ted
- Lets make a plan before we tear anything down.
- Can we do better? - Max G. A.
- Discussion will continue on the email list
- Lots of people are updating this
- Floor plans have been updated, re-updated, over updated
- There are possibly more than one location for the floor plan on the wiki -Andrew M.
- Key players: Greg S, Brian W. Matt A.
- Possibly work on this together during Pot Lock
- Do we want a large format print of the floor plan?
- Landlord said he is willing to approve a permanent antenna installation
- Wants the antenna to be something permanent, not something that's moved around a lot
L'Anse Cruse HAM Radio Swap
- Point of contact Matt Huber
- 8 am to noon on December 8th
- $5 admission
- At Lance Cruse High School
- Swap your gear
- All kinds of electronics
- Do we want a presence there?
- Get a booth?
- Price of a table $15
- It's over the electronic circuit breaker
- This will be a Pot Lock item
Lost and Found
- Pick up tables
- Put things back where they belong
- Clean up your stuff
- Learn where things belong
- Do your part to clean up at the end of the night
- Help out a buddy, don't leave the last person to clean everything
- Check with the last person before you leave to ask if they will need help
Independent Film at i3
- Point of contact Ted H.
- Saturday 8am to 12 noon
- Needs relative quite
- No loud tool usage
- Is anything scheduled? that day? - not on the calendar.
- It's a comedy, a spoof of TED talks
- No objections
American Physical Society
- Point of contact Margaret L.
- American Physical Society funding for doing public outreach?
- Outreach has to be physic related
- Email was sent to APS coordinator about a proposal, got positive response
- Proposal due December 15th.
- Requires some writing and a couple planning meetings
- Money disbursed in February 2014 to i3 Detroit
- Will need to be handled by Treasurer, we need to report i3's EIN to APS
- Outcome needs to be reported to APS, possibly in video format
- Seeking interested members to help with the proposal
- Max G.A. - Post info on painting the Tree House
- Matt O. - Follow up on the soldering class
- Justin T. - Start discussion on changes to member storage practices
- Justin T. - Start planning HAM radio antenna
- Justin T. - Start thread about L'Anse Cruse HAM Radio Swap
- Ted H. - Post to list about independent film to ask/notify members about the filming time on Saturday
- Margaret L. - Post to list about APS outreach