Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20140617
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20140603||Meeting Minutes 20140701|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Action Item Review
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 Announcements
- 1.7 Action Items
- 1.8 Broom Party
- 1.9 Meeting Metrics
Chair Marie-therese Enga
- Julien-guest, new to detroit, likes to make the things
- Marie-hates responsibility, not usually here. Says all the other officers are slackers
- Matt Arnold- Has a birthday. It is today.
Action Item Review
Kitchen Door at Maker Faire
- Andrew M. - Register kitchen door iris with Maker Faire.
- We need a temporary door during maker faire.
Painting the Roses Red
- Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
- In progress
- Some switches are painted. Others are vile temptresses.
- Greg S. - Start sign committee, check back in July (info this mtg)
- Looks like we are in the 25 Square feet arena,
- That is about right, i am thinking mounting it over the overhead door, biggest problem is maintaining it if out has lighting
- Some thoughts:
- We have a logo, and that is our Identity, if we change it much on our sign do we change it on all things ???
- The sign itself can be creative, but remember it has to be maintained.
Show and Tell
- i3 Sign - Jason made it.
- Electric Bike- Ken S
- Leather stamp made on the Haas by Brian W
- Konrad is now president, still doing secretary but would like someone else to take it.
- Jamie volunteers
- Everyone loves Jamie <3
Ed Resigns from Board
- Appoint a new board member to maintain ranks, or just wait until the next election?
- Conflicting rules about whether we need to appoint a new board member.
- If you have an opinion on this, email the board!
- There are lots of discrepancies in the bylaws, as a side note, and we always need volunteers to help improve them.
Pot Lock Planning
- Pot lock is coming up on Saturday June 21st
- List of tasks is on ToDo, something for every skill level.
- Could use your help encouraging newbie members to come
- Sign up for food-bringing: Potlock Menu Planning
July 1st Member Meeting
- Point of Contact: Konrad B
- Will enough people be there because the 4th of July is coming up?
- Should it be canceled for the holiday?
- Konrad will be out of town.
- Whoever shows up will have a meeting, maybe things will even get done.
July 8th Board Meeting
- Point of Contact: Konrad B
- This meeting will coincide with the launch of Red Bull Creation.
- We plan to have a "ground control" crew to aid our Red Bull team with ideation.
- The commons area is likely to be the best location for this and it would conflict with a Board meeting.
- The board meeting should be moved to a different date or canceled.
- Tell your board if you have an opinion
Integrated Space Plan
- It's a cool poster we printed
- Conceptual tool to map humanity's expansion into the cosmos
- They're making a new one, and a few members would like to chip in and get i3's logo put on it
- No use of group funds, just asking for a thumbs-up that this would be an appropriate use of the name and logo
Re-appointing Zone Coordinators: Member input
Email the board if you want to volunteer or have any opinions Zones without an official board-appointed warden (as of the last board meeting)
- Injection Molding
- Commons Area
- Treehouse/Whiteboard room
- Laser Cutter
- Bike Shop
- Vinyl Shop
- Metal Shop
- Max will be gone a lot in July and needs help
- Coordinating-needs volunteers
- i3 and the public-if you can't promote the space in a thoroughly awesome way, ask for help or direct visitors to max
- delegate information-giving on tours. Everyone has different areas of expertise.
- Jason doesn't know if he wants to still be warden.
- Point of contact: Brian W
- Bridgeport Sale
- price dropped
- 2 more interested people but no second lookers
- Sherline CNC Mill (the mini-mill)
- assembled but having a motor timing issue that is keeping it from being functional
- a leather stamp was made from brass on the Haas
- sample is on the bench by the Haas if you want to have a look
- CNC Plasma
- Steel sheeting should be arriving for downdraft early this week
- hope to have the down draft complete by the end of next week
no update, need to reschedule next month's compute zone orientation
cricut is still working! ask nate or kevin or the wiki how to work it
New plastic will be in soon, like next week
Matt learned how to adjust/aim the mirror from Roger and wants to spread the knowledge
Charlie is the new warden! Let him know if you want new tools. Tool Crib wishlist is on the whiteboard over the
Laundry has been done
Rolling in the dough. Tell warden what you want
Give us money for consumables and don't leave the gas on!!
Charlie and warnick are repairing it. Talk to them if you want to help
- Pot lock-This saturday, June 21st
- Throw out all the things before pot-lock so there's room in the dumpster
- Red Bull- show up at 8pm on July 8th and watch the team be like "Aahhhhhhhhh!"
- Day of Making Wednesday 6/18. Talk to charlie, try to get retweeted by @whittehouse
- Email board members if you have opinions on literally anything
All the Things were Swept.
- Time completed: 8:02
- Funds appropriated: $0