Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20141007
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20121106||Meeting Minutes 20100615|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Old Business
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 SIGs
- 1.7 Action Items
- 1.8 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Chair Justin Triplett
- New member- his name is Lou, he's very new, he's wearing blue!
- Keegan-new member, from cranbrook art academy
- Dave and Greg are wood shop warden
- Randy Goddard - visitor/potential member, taught classes here before,
Add "Meet a Zone Coordinator" to the new member process Nate B Add MotorSports to the meeting minutes template, also the Action Item Query Jamie Develop a project information template Terry
- Completed. Posted to list. https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/i3detroit/ewDpaQjAKLg
Put up training documentation eventually Matt Arnold & Greg
- Andrew apologizes to Konrad and they bro-hug (awwww!)
- Wiki wine workshop this thursday to help wardens clean up their training lists
- Terry's going to set up a warden pow-wow
Action Item: Mike - Finish the tour and put up documentation
Action Item: Maddy - Order new T-Shirts
Action Item: Jim - Make thread on EZC a more fleshed-out proposal
Action Item: Jody - Update status of Grey Monster auction
Show and Tell
- Bragosaurus Rex! - made by Mike Fink
- "Paleontologists are Bad to the Bone."-Max
- Max is punished for that remark.
- "Paleontologists are Bad to the Bone."-Max
CRM Tiger Team Report
- Andrew is updating the CRM this coming monday
- The Sodatastic Six is debating the future of the CRM, and if we want to keep Seltzer or move to something else
Plasma Cutter Report
- Konrad: owner wants to sell the plasma cutter either to us or to someone else
- He put a lot of work to assemble it, but is no longer a member
- Owner is looking for around $3000
Action Item: Konrad, Jim, and Levi - Bring proposal to board to buy machine
- Men's bathroom urinal is still out of order
Action Item: Nathan W - Fix the urinal before the Halloween party
AHA open house
- They are a 501c3, we went to celebrate with them at their open house a couple weeks ago
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, December 6th
- Starting right after the meeting
- Electronic Voting open now through next Tuesday
- Bike racks on the ceiling are temporary, shouldn't be used as permanent bike storage
Zone has been pretty busy!
- new software (HSM, a plugin for masterCam)
- member Adam is making an electronic keyboard and entering it into a contest
- Someone else made a progressive die for 3D printer nozzles
- CNC discussion nights are moved to the first tuesday of the month, right after the membership meeting
- Still working on getting desks for the 1337 lounge
- Mask making class last weekend and this coming weekend
- Max played with the 3Doodler and made a pretty cobweb
- new parts are being replenished, thanks for telling the ZW when you need more parts!
- Incident with soldering irons burning through plastic
- Training classes on the machines are by request, contact ZW to get training
- ZW is planning to have a class on every machine sometime in october
- Windsor hackforge folks are interested in working with it or buying it-contact Nate B
- All 3 kilns 100% UP.
- Class in Sept., well attended
- Did Road Class at The Henry Ford.
- Area clean and organized. New materials are IN. More tools are IN.
- Molds and clay are available to make whatever shape glass you want! *applause*
- Laser door's gas lift springs are still broken- use the high-tech stick to prop the door oopen
- In process of ordering new parts
- Contact ZW to get training OR to become a trainer
- None of the three wardens are here
- Brandon is a very helpful semi-expert in the metal shop! *applause*
- Call for lighting. The SkyZone is now accepting proposals for lighting the common area. Please provide a brief description of your design, budget, and installation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th. All plans will be considered, final board/general member vote for funding approval will determine implementation.
- Installing more power cord reels on the ceiling, how many more, what spacing, how many available circuits? Please insert attendees opinions here.
- Charlie spent money!
- You can get a brand new drill bit if you chip in a dollar
- Video Training?!
- Max is constantly theoretically painting things
- Max will ask for a Beautification Budget at the next board meeting!
- Zone warden not here
- Handheld plasma cutter is inbound
- it needs strong compressed air to run
- Nothing broken or empty, yay!
- Grey Monster and Hobart are going to auction
- Watch for parking tickets
- "Fact-finding" mission at Kart 2 Kart this Sunday!
- Totally going to put up an antenna on the roof this winter. Totally.
- First SIG meeting last month
- Considering buying a letterpress, but dust may be a concern
|Make thread on EZC a more fleshed-out proposal||Jim|
|Fix the urinal before the Halloween party||Nathan W|
|Finish the tour and put up documentation||Mike|
|Bring proposal to board to buy machine||Konrad, Jim, and Levi|
|Update status of Grey Monster auction||Jody|
|Order new T-Shirts||Maddy|
- Time completed: 8:45
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 28