Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20141021
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20110920||Meeting Minutes 20100127|
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Food
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 1.8 Action Items
- 1.9 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Chair: Brian "BBQ" McPherson, your new CEO!
- David Henry-waffled between hackerspaces, finally chose i3 over TechShop! Yay!
- Matt-guest, on the Trail to Membership
- Ron-guest, helping with Bacon's filming, formerly Tooling engineer, now high school teacher
Show and Tell
- Somebody set up a hangout! with Hats!
- Konrad made a Different Rocket (he makes lots of Rockets)
- Takes Effin' G Rockets up to 2000 feet
- Not quite as tall as Jamie
- Max made an excellent leather hobgoblin mask at Karianne's leather mask-making class
- Not to be outdone, Joseph made a leather holster for a torch. It looks like a black circle.
BBQ and Cannoli, eat them all!
Easy Zone Cash
Make thread on EZC a more fleshed-out proposal-Jim
Jim's email was really good, only needs a little bit of extra attention to make it a proposal to bring to the board
Fix the urinal before the Halloween party-Nathan W
Urinal is fully functioning!
- Men's bathroom can continue to be disgusting, but functional
Streetview Panoramic Tour
Finish the tour and put up documentation -Mike
Update status of Grey Monster auction-Jody
Currently at auction, currently has 5 bids
Donations to Graveyard
Terry has some items he wants to bring in
- Jody reminds him of the Virtual Graveyard
Penguicamp Code Sprint
- Work on coding TuxTrax, the penguicon scheduling app
- This weekend!
- Free food and beer!
- Lost about a month of Amazon payment records
- Most of the data can be recovered (manual entry)
- A few days of payments didn't go through
- If you use automatic payments, you wouldn't have gotten an error, but Terry will contact you
- If you use manual payments, you would have gotten an error, but you can retry now
History Channel Filming
Bacon is making a pilot for the History Channel
- He was filming earlier today, and had a great time
- Working title: "Fix it"- about small american hardware store and DIY spirit
- When you get the Bacon, you get the Full Makerspace Experience
- If it gets on TV, i3 will host a viewing party and Bacon will provide warm beer (woo....)
Critical Mass coming up on Halloween, 7pm
- 2-Hour bike ride through downtown Detroit
- Last Friday of every month
- Like paleontologists, bikers need little approval
Bike Zone will mostly go into hibernation in winter, but people are still sporadically working on their projects
New member Adam is working on his startup project, the Hemingway
- Very impressive, very nice finish
Jim is also doing some cool experimentation with the Haas, using the Haas to generate meshes of points (Jamie is confused about exactly what he's doing but it sounds cool?)
Let Jim know what size of tools you want, metric and english and all the things
Scanner is back in operation, it is VERY simple to use!
Compute Zone Etiquette:
- Make sure you log out of all your services
- Close all your windows
- Firefox is the Recommended Browser, Recommended by your Local COmpute Zone Coordinator
- Will automatically clear all your history and log you out when you close the window!
Leather sewing- It IS Possible! With a MACHINE! (Not by hand!)
- The Husqvarna is awesome.
- New member Lew (wearing Blue) has heavy duty machines to sew even thicker leather! Ask him if you want to use them
Craft Zone needs help with documentation-
Nate shows up late, but in a Fancy Suit!
$5 wifi modules that everyone's been drooling
No longer a hallway! (now a tanning booth?)
Last the ZW heard, some people from Windsor wanted to buy it or something
- Who knows
- Certainly not the Zone Coordinator
- It's not like he's in charge of them or anything
Extension cord for Vacuuform is broken and scheduled for repair.
- Wheel Vacuuform into welding zone (if available) to use.
- Be very careful when moving it, as it has the structual integrity of a styrofoam cup.
- The Vacuuform is the property of John Sugg. Contact him for training. Do not operate without training.
Any focus problems, let Zone Coordinator know
Currently un-wardened, any volunteers?
- Brian accidentally nominates himself, wuickly retracts
STILL collecting proposals for cool art installations on the ceiling
- Roger and Evan should join forces to spend lots of money; put lots of things on the ceiling
- Anyone else with ideas should contact Joseph
Bought new drill bits.
- If you take a new bit, you have to pay for it
- Old ones are free
Tree House/Whiteboard Room
Leet Lounge Transformation
- Justin built a desk! It's awesome
- Plans to build even more desks!
- Goal is to make it more of a workspace than a lounge
There is an adorable robot squeaky music machine in there now! (Ben and Nico's Macro Machine)
ZW is not present. SHAME
Lookit! Shiny new plasma cutter! (applause)
Still hoping for bids on the welders. Looking like we might need to find a different solution. I'll be checking in to another seller, and then scrappers. If anybody knows anybody, i'd like to hear about it.
Greg is back! :-) (applause)
Saw Stop-now working again!
- Was tripped this weekend
- Saved a member's finger!
- Need to talk to the member, who shall remain anonymous, about what happened and address any safety concerns
- Can possibly send cartridge back to the company to get another one for free
- Dave and Greg put a new blade on, so it's fully operational!
Horizontal Billing Machine
- was donated, but is dangerous and flood-damaged
- Greg is going to sell it, maybe make a couple hundred bucks to use for other things
Had a successful recon trip (Go-karting) and now have a pretty good idea of the new car's design
Let Justin or Matt (Huber) know if you're interested! They get together occasionally
Ashley's not here
|Order new T-Shirts||Justin|
- Time completed: 8:19
- Funds appropriated: $0