Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20150407
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20150317||Meeting Minutes 20150421|
- 1 Agenda for 04-07-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bike Zone
- 1.5.2 Classroom Zone
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Compute Zone
- 1.5.5 Craft Room
- 1.5.6 E Lab
- 1.5.7 Fab Lab
- 1.5.8 Infrastructure
- 1.5.9 Injection Molding
- 1.5.10 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.11 Laser Zone
- 1.5.12 Metal Shop
- 1.5.13 Sky Zone
- 1.5.14 Tool Crib
- 1.5.15 Tree House
- 1.5.16 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.17 Welding Zone
- 1.5.18 Wiki
- 1.5.19 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Action Items
- 1.7 Proposals
- 1.8 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 04-07-2015
Chair: Charlemange Rysenga
- A herd of new people appeared!
Show and Tell
- Nikki made a D&D dice roller and screen
- Charlie made max dinner. It had lots of olives and was delicious
We should set Potlock Date Now!
- But we just did one, whahahahahaha
- Yeah ok, we should probably do that.
- Maybe right before Maker Faire so the space is pretty
- But now too close to Maker Faire!
Summer Potlock: 6/13/2015
Yuri's Night Saturday April 11th
Point of Contact: Konrad B
- Space themed events, demonstrations
- Setup at 3PM on Saturday
- We may need some more help with completing some of the setup, contact Konrad if you're available to help Saturday afternoon
- Main event 5PM to 9PM
- Family Friendly
- After Party? Bring snacks!
- Not as Family Friendly
Anyone finishing projects and demos for Yuri's night, see Konrad if you need help
Particle Physics Update
- Both beams at the Large Hadron Collider are up and running again after a 2 year hiatus!
- YAY SCIENCE!
- spring dun sprung
- Be courteous about cleaning up after your bike and not leaving it around forever, lots of people use
- Anyone interested in doing the alley cat bike race?
- Could make an i3 group to go
- Karianne is waiting on reimbursement before starting painting the classroom
- Structural Engineering firm was brought in to make sure that the remaining structure in the front is OK
- Everything is safe
- We're still waiting on the report
- Lots of activity in the CNC zone, many users
- Fridays are semi-regular training nights
- ShopBot (wood router) is a good little machine to learn on
- It is owned by a member (Steve N), but he wants the machine to be used by other members and is happy to help people learn how to use it
- We won a grant!!!
- EDSFUND Tormach grant
- $5400+ award to buy a new CNC (much smaller than the HAAS)
- i3 has to raise the other $8000 to buy it
- Minecraft update: servers are up and running and being well used
- Ask Justin for server info / go to: http://space.i3detroit.org:8080/
- You have to know a guy that knows a guy...who's in i3
- "Classes" - look for them coming up soon
- Whiteboard room
- Kevin has been unable to make it out to the space much, but Max has been keeping the clutter under control
- Kevin will be back soon
- Craft room is still as crafty as always
- Nate won a sweepstakes and got like 30k in E-lab equipment from KeySight that should be arriving this weekend!
- Nate hates taxes
- All the stuff is thusly donated to i3
- Rostock MAX training class coming up
- Still 1 ticket left
- Drop-ins welcome as long as there room
- Protomat and Printrbot are still down
- Some volunteers to work on Protomat have come forward
- Probably will add to space-project list to prompt action
- No volunteers for Printrbot :-(
- Final warning on Printrbot, it may leave the space if no one shows interes
- Some volunteers to work on Protomat have come forward
- New Air Compressor
- Brian McPherson paid for a lot of it out of pocket and is looking for contributions/donations to offset his cost
- Serial number is 001.... they seem to still be working out some kinks... like the directions of arrows
- Manual is up on the i3 Data Vault
Action Item: Evan - Put simple usage instructions on/near the new air compressor, and update the shut-down procedures to include it
- Starting to make molds for i3 logo keychain
- Bring keychains to Maker Faire?
- Bring injection molder to Maker Faire??
- Kiln #3 is up and running with computer.
- Received a consumables order for all things glass.
- Our pottery wheel is HERE (but not unpacked yet).
- Had several small/on demand classes
- Will be sending out a Whenisgood soon for future classes
- Please change settings back if you change them.
- Swit is working on getting us a free copy of Sketchup Pro to help teach a class on
- There's a big air compressor taking up all the space
- Fixed the big blue pedestal during potlock, props to Ted. It's now running really well
- Has been up 100% of the month of March.
- Awaiting response from Jim Kemp on how he plans to run his Hg or Na lamps over the CNC (because, like duuuuude, that will push around my light hanging grid).
- Charlie's not dead yet.
- We sold a redundant tool. Made cash.
- Still working on rearranging some things- PPE, fasteners
- Planning to get a better first aid kit(s)
- Max did laundry
- Offered a few classes, one was cancelled due to low interest and illness
- intro welding, art welding+plasma cutter, intermediate welding
- intro classes were the most requested
- Very important to fill out the whenisgood so that you can make it to the class you want to go to
- 18 active users in the last 30 days
- 6 less than last month
- If this trend continues, we will have negative wiki activity by Maker Faire. I blame the LHC.
- Virtual Graveyard saw a lot of updates
- Form:Equipment is now active-edit all equipment pages with a form
- More user-friendly
- Equipment Access integrated into main equipment page
- Jamie will send out more details to the list and set up a time to go over it
- Wiki wine workshop this weekend is cancelled due to Yuri's night
- Built new stand for the lathe, we have collected $550 out of $800 needed for a new Midi lathe (Jet 1221)
- Need to reconnect over head cord reel, or is there a problem?
- Added Suggestions Line on wood shop page, feel free to add stuff
|Put simple usage instructions on/near the new air compressor, and update the shut-down procedures to include it||Evan|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
- Time completed: 8:31
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 34