Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20151020
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20151006||Meeting Minutes 20151103|
- 1 Agenda for 10-20-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bike Zone
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Compute Zone
- 1.5.5 Craft Room
- 1.5.6 E Lab
- 1.5.7 Fab Lab
- 1.5.8 Infrastructure
- 1.5.9 Injection Molding
- 1.5.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.12 Laser Zone
- 1.5.13 Metal Shop
- 1.5.14 Sky Zone
- 1.5.15 Tool Crib
- 1.5.16 Tree House
- 1.5.17 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.18 Welding Zone
- 1.5.19 Wiki
- 1.5.20 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 10-20-2015
- Mike Fink
- Called to order at 7:31 pm.
- Mike F - Board, laser zone, engineering and physics. plastic wood, metal, whatever.
- Cory - recent member, in and out for 4 months, always changing direction.
New Members & Guests
- Claire designer social impact design. art / design projects. learning cnc.
- Liz - embroidery
- Connor - Machining working on old motorcycle. Working on electronics.
- Colin Martin - Utah state, BS in Mechanical Engineering and BA in German interested in woodworking looking for place to hang out and work on projects.
- Dan EE interested in woodworking and electronics.
Show and Tell
- Steve: cast acrylic rose made on CNC 5.75" z travel axis.
- Mike leather armor, light up backlight
- Cory - going to modify a hair trimmer for 3" length
- Charlie: new board introductions
- Vivian not present
- James O'Dell VP of classes and activities - what do you want to learn or teach? documented on blog or wiki.
- Matt Arnold - member advocate, classroom coordinator. i3 is a welcoming place, confidential reporting.
- Terry W - treasurer.
- Nate B - VP membership onboarding and retention. process improvement and mentor assignment.
- David H - secretary.
- Gary: Mini maker fair and Barnes and Noble @ Rochester November also looking for cool stuff for table at TedX at OU on Friday. Fun event, looking for volunteers. 7:30am - 2pm..
Point of Contact: Jon Williams
- I'd like to recommend that the Graveyard be given a warden to keep things in check. I'm willing to step up to the task of keeping it organized and adding a bit of flow to the zone.
- I'd like to make sure that items being added aren't already in abundance.
- Items are being dated properly and disposed of once they hit the expiration date.
- Possibly re-purpose the top shelf for storage of items yet TBD. It's too high up for anyone to realistically use for it's current graveyard purpose.
- Not much really needs to change but, I think with a few minor improvements the zone could be a lot more functional. Add bins and some hooks to keep things from being loose in the zone hang the wires on hooks. Things like that. And LABELS!! LABELS LABELS LABELS!!!
- No Coordinator - Justin on hiatus
- Matt A: plans dependent on structural construction.
- celling down.
- electrical work required
- adding whiteboard on wall.
- small 18" tables, can be combined to form a big table.
- big TV once budget exists
- planning committee
- looking for - floor tile
- improved soundproofing / light proofing via a flame / light retardant curtain.
- Training in CNC fall session start tomorrow @ 7pm.
- No Coordinator - Justin on hiatus
- Kevin: sewing may be split out into a new zone.
- not much general crafting done in the room.
- Nate B: carpet cleaning during potluck
- Not much going on during construction. training course on Thursday for ?
- Evan: coordinating for classroom and wherever the sewing machine ends up.
- work done for power and wiring for camera system.
- stay tuned at the next member meeting for a proposal on new camera policy. If interested, it's on slack.
- Evan reports that Thad has mold almost done for the small injection molder.
- Big injection molder went to a workshop - needs new seals. Also shows signs of hammer abuse. New seals are in, will try a test run to see how it works in the near future.
- Mike F: Expect an update soon on bumblebee - working, working properly, vs needs works
- Laser storage has been cleaned up
- Evan and Matt G installed new lights that were found around the space.
- 8 amps of LED goodness over CNC area.
- Plan to replace additional lights with LEDs in areas.
- is looking for coordinator
- Halloween tree for party.
- new spool table
- No coordinator
- Greg - many new members, not many have been trained yet. Check with Greg for training, only takes a few minutes.
Space Project Updates
- #3 Car needs new tires mounted
- Matt n/a
- Investigating NASA Cubequest competition goals and working on design. Plan to enter competition if scheduling allows. Secondary goal is just to build a Cubesat.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated:
no action items yet, Charlie.
no proposals yet, Charlie.