Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20151103
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20151020||Meeting Minutes 20151117|
- 1 Agenda for 11-03-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bike Zone
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Compute Zone
- 1.5.5 Craft Room
- 1.5.6 E Lab
- 1.5.7 Fab Lab
- 1.5.8 Infrastructure
- 1.5.9 Injection Molding
- 1.5.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.12 Laser Zone
- 1.5.13 Metal Shop
- 1.5.14 Sky Zone
- 1.5.15 Tool Crib
- 1.5.16 Tree House
- 1.5.17 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.18 Welding Zone
- 1.5.19 Wiki
- 1.5.20 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 11-03-2015
Chair: Charlie Rysenga
Start Time: 7:30 PM
- Kevin F craft room warden painting, embroidery, software testing during the day.
- Scott S. 1 year, Team lead i3 Detroit Sat.
- Brian McPherson - Enjoys cycling, road in from Royal Oak
New Members & Guests
- John royal oak electronics software. Found i3 via an online search for hacker spaces
- Dan Pawlak - Interested in electronics and woodworking.
- William McCune - Ferndale works next door at B Nectar tinkering and cycling.
- Ryan interested in electronics hardware and software- Heard about i3 from B Nectar.
- Asif Tanveer - ME graduate interested in drawing and tinkering. Found i3 via an online search for hacker space and DIY.
- Zachary Nash - Interested in Metal shop and welding. Found i3 via an online search.
Show and Tell
- Greg S. Rotary laser engraving and copper inlay.
- Kevin - painting with multi-frames
- Gary thermostat added weather station update added ESP8622
- Cory - Nintendo power pad going to use for dance revolution.
- Barnes & Noble this weekend 1 slot on Saturday at 5PM. Henry B will do a synth demo. If attending please wear your i3 t-shirt.
- Matt S had kitty pong at TedX
- Attempting to form a makerspace in Pontiac using Oakland University as a base.
- Jan Henry - Sewing SIG. Project runway, laser cutter with fabric and other sewing. Industrial machine coming soon.
- Nate B. Jay Patel Amtech. Help with small business funding and startup. Oakland county has may resources for business startup.
- Matt A. - mobile equipment storage area. wheeled items will have a space to live when not in use. Floor planning committee recommendations.
- Waiting for landlord contractor to finish up. No estimate yet. Greg S. will check for update.
- Now with more X-Acto!
- Missing glue guns
- Nate: high zone use prior to Halloween.
- Brad used shop vac to clean the e-lab as the robot isn't feeling well.
- Dump used waste water into toilet to reduce clogs.
- Do not dump outside. sewer drain is untreated.
- Used solvents can go into solvent cabinet. Instructions printed on the front of cabinet.
- Evan - it is my understanding that the plumbing is un-clogged, the bathroom just needs to be cleaned. If anyone knows otherwise please speak up.
- Leora - working to schedule an i3 tor for the silversmith's guild.
- 1:1 training send email to schedule
- Bumblebee is back up and running.
- x/y still seems flaky. keep a log of activity.
- Greg S - nothing new.
Space Project Updates
- Design and build a sat to be launched with cube quest.
- NASA will send around moon and return to earth.
- Talk to Scott after meeting
- May have working meetings on Sundays from noon - 2 pm
- Matt H. - cleaning out stuff
- Matt H. - nothing new
- No update. Kevin will check with Ashley, see if he can move this forward.
- No updates
- Nate / Jamie
- 8:00 pm
- done prior to the meeting with motivating soundtrack
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 30 minutes
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 23
no action items yet, Charlie.
no proposals yet, Charlie.