Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20151117
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20151103||Meeting Minutes 20151201|
- 1 Agenda for 11-17-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bike Zone
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Compute Zone
- 1.5.5 Craft Room
- 1.5.6 E Lab
- 1.5.7 Fab Lab
- 1.5.8 Infrastructure
- 1.5.9 Injection Molding
- 1.5.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.12 Laser Zone
- 1.5.13 Metal Shop
- 1.5.14 Sky Zone
- 1.5.15 Tool Crib
- 1.5.16 Tree House
- 1.5.17 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.18 Welding Zone
- 1.5.19 Wiki
- 1.5.20 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 11-17-2015
Chair: Charlie Rysenga Cowbell @ 7:31 pm
- Charlie R - President and benevolent dictator.
- Kevin - painting gilding, embroidery.
- Scott S. - president of DetroitSat SIG. Has been a member for a year
New Members & Guests
- Jake - Checking out the space, found new member day on website. From Waterford.
- Frank - Has a garage full of tools, can't get more, so coming here. Currently enrolled in the HAAS Class.
- Anthony - In school for industrial design.
Show and Tell
- Steve N., Shopbot CNC box
- Niki - coffin box project jewelry, got ham general license. learned skills here. call sign laser engraved in leather.
- MESA [Mobile Equipment Storage Area] - 10 x 8. official parking spot for mobile equipment. grill, drying rack, vacuum former. mobile electronics cart.
- Remove old air compressor from space (gone). Yay!
- Classroom status. & POC
- Structural - Greg - nearly done, a few minor things left.
- Trim Moldings etc - Terry W
- Paint - Terry W
- Drywall - Will be done by a contractor.
- Flooring - Corey and Terry @
- furnishings - Charlie
- Electrical - Evan
- Unsure who the current viewing team is and if any are members.
- System is wired and ready for testing.
- Class 1st week of December, enameling 2nd week of December.
- Terry will be stepping down as Kiln Zone Coordinator as of Dec 31 2015. Prospective replacements should contact the Board.
- Huge thanks to Roger and Greg for getting the z-axis fixed up.
- Contact Greg S or Roger S. if there are issues, have new belts to install if/ when needed.
- lights will be purchased by Friday, includes classroom and 1/2 the shop. 5000K dimmable LEDs. Will plan on doing the remainder next year.
- adjust lighting circuits and permanently mount projector do allow darkness.
- Support for 2016 wood shop Budget items
- Carbide cutter head for Jointer, no need to adjust when swapped out.
- Performax 16-32 Drum Sander for surface sander
Space Project Updates
- Met on Sunday 11/15, and modified the SIG's scope to no longer focus on NASA competition. Current mission plan is to create a smaller scale "PicoSat", at a smaller cost and engineering time than the required 6U size sat for NASA Cubequest.
Main concepts are:
- An experimental platform for antenna & solar panel deployment methods
- Unique "Film-Roll" configuration tech demonstrator
- A camera platform with possible croudsourced pan/tilt, in the style of "Twitch Plays Pokemon"
- looking for other things than just the #3 jeep for the PWWRS series
- L'anse Creuse ARC swap is Sunday, December 5th @8am
- Same location as previous years: L'anse Creuse High School
- We (i3) can get a club table if we want; I'll need to know yes/no and who is coordinating within the next couple of days.
- contact me slack/email/call/whatever if you want to be the table coordinator.
- Kevin: No updates
- Nate could use help. Contract if interested.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:00 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 25
no action items yet, Charlie.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|The existing camera policy will be made void and completely replaced by the below addition to the Standing Rules:
12) CCTV Policy
|Terry W.||Evan A.||17||0||PASS|