Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20151201
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20151117||Meeting Minutes 20151215|
- 1 Agenda for 12-01-2015
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Event Announcements
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Bike Zone
- 1.6.2 Classroom
- 1.6.3 CNC Zone
- 1.6.4 Compute Zone
- 1.6.5 Craft Room
- 1.6.6 E Lab
- 1.6.7 Fab Lab
- 1.6.8 Infrastructure
- 1.6.9 Injection Molding
- 1.6.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.6.12 Laser Zone
- 1.6.13 Metal Shop
- 1.6.14 Sky Zone
- 1.6.15 Tool Crib
- 1.6.16 Tree House
- 1.6.17 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.18 Welding Zone
- 1.6.19 Wiki
- 1.6.20 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 2 =Reminder to Sign In
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 12-01-2015
Chair: Charlie Rysenga 7:30
- Bruce - Returning
New Members & Guests
- Andria - Arduino, Pi. Truck Driver
Show and Tell
- Brad - 3D Laser cut 7 layer topographical map.
- Nikki - Leather bracelet with Ham call sign.
- Jewelry tomorrow. Class is full.
- Next Thursday - Intro laser cutting.
Classroom Construction Status
- Done with Structural, Greg's part is done.
- Studding/Rough Electrical/Drywall/Trim/Paint/Finish Electrical/Flooring/Furniture and AV are next steps sequentially. Studding is this week.
- Terry W is manager for everything except electrical.
- About 8 weeks away from done.
- Craft room now has some power.
- Slack is getting quite a bit of use, and is quickly becoming a primary communications channel. Check the slack wiki page to contact an admin.
- Tin foil hat night for New Year's Eve. Details at the next member meeting. Looking for movie suggestions.
- Holiday gathering.
- Adobe creative suite installed on a VM.
- Preparing to announce to the world (only a few months late) the fancy 'scope and equipment.
- This has been delayed by the non-functionality of the security cameras.
- Zone seems to get lots of use but little publicity, would anyone working in the zone consider presenting their thing for show-and-tell next meeting?
- In general, we have lots of folks here who do electronics, but only a few (Jaaaaames!) who lead classes/workshops/etc.
- What would help others step up and share more?
- Next lab orientation falls on Christmas Eve, time has been adjusted earlier in the day so it doesn't overlap family dinner.
- Email the zone coordinator if you have specific needs before then.
- Black ABS is now in stock.
- budget time!
- the infrastructure budget will include allocations for everything on the I-zone to do list.
- if you have any other ideas for upgrades to our infrastructure (particularly to make things less work to maintain) please let me know before Friday so I can budget for it.
- Other zone coordinators: if your zone needs anything to do with power, gas, water, network, or you think you can justify it, tell me to budget for things you need in particular.
Update from: Thad Johnson Injection Molding Zone Coordinator
- I did get the hydraulics working on the larger injection machine for only $20 in new seals and verified the heaters and heat controllers work. We will continue to evaluate the machine's mechanical integrity and operational controls over the next 90 days.
- The small machine is working and is a nice little machine for us to have. i.e. small, simple and economical to run yet very capable. It is limited in part size though, so we'll be keeping the larger machine if it checks out.
- I look forward this year to helping members and potential members understand the opportunity the molding machines provide and helping several members who have already talked to me about specific projects that have/will out grow a 3D printer's capacity.
- Zone clean up and organization will continue.
- Jewelry class tomorrow is full.
- Will run the class again if there is enough interest.
- Already developing Jewelry 101 part two which will build on tomorrow's class. Planning to run Part Two in January. Also starting sign up for Kiln and Foredom certifications. Each is a class in itself.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Working on the hand-off of the zone from Terry to Joseph B and Leora D. Next step is to totally reorganize the space so it is easier to use. Reassessing necessary kiln repairs and the need for all kilns. If you would like to learn more about the kilns there has been a discussion about starting a kiln interest group to meet and learn more about operation of the kilns. Contact email@example.com if you are interested. Our vision for sometime in 2016 is having a totally reorganized kiln area that is capable of doing both ceramics and glass and has classes. If you would like to be part of making this happen, let us know.
- Planning to update lighting in commons area.
- New blade for panel saw on order. First aid kit for zone will be in soon.
Space Project Updates
- Brian working on Cubesat and stopped in to provide advice and guidance.
- If interested in contact Scott.
- New rear tires for #3 car mounted on rims.
- Matt found a stock power wheels. Nikki will make something awesome with it.
- Swap over the weekend. Brad and Nikki will be manning the i3 table.
- SIG creation updates
- Facebook group exists, check wiki for details.
- Will send a survey to determine meeting days.
=Reminder to Sign In
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 7:54 PM
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 27
no action items yet, Charlie.
no proposals yet, Charlie.