Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20160315
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20160301||Meeting Minutes 20160405|
- 1 Agenda for 03-15-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 03-15-2016
'Chair: Mike Fink' 7:35 pm
- Mike F, Board member and Laser Zone Coordinator.
New Members & Guests
- Scott. looking to make stuff. welding and metalworking. looking to work in wood and make furniture. Also has a project motorcycle.
- Corrine - OCC welding. Fluent in German.
- Dave - Has been visiting for a while.
- Les - Web guy, may help out and teach a class. Interested in laser cutter and elab. Wood shop projects in the future.
- Brian - working on new projects in the wood shop.
Show and Tell
- Vinyl zone class T-shirt creation - Jan
- custom printed fabric - Jan
- New laser cut and gilded craft room sign.
- Steve - hole in one display box, Name sign.
- Wood lock.
- Someone stored motor oil in the flammables cabinet and it tipped over. Please do not store motor oil, transmission fluid, etc in the space. Our lease agreement does not allow this.
- March Activities
- 03/05 - Dusty Dev Boards - Evan Allen
- Upcoming March
- 03/19 - Introduction to Flask Framework - Bruce Webber / Python group meetup.
- 03/20 - Arduino Workshop - James O'Dell
- 03/22 - Fastener Company Rep from American Integrated
- 03/23 - Homebrew Website Club Meeting - Matt Arnold
- 03/25 - Electronic Music Creation Using Smart Phones - Thomas Shui
- 03/31 - Plastic Injection Molding - Thad Johnson
- Upcoming March
- Upcoming April
- 04/06 - Cap N Cork Homebrew Supply Beer Tasting Event - Joseph Baumann
- 04/15 - Electronic Music Night @ i3 - James O'Dell
- 04/28 - Plastic Injection Molding - Thad Johnson
- Upcoming April
- If I missed your class on this list, let me know!! - email@example.com
- Painting is in progress.
- It's OK to use the space, but if you move tables or chairs in, please remove them when done so work can continue.
- Ground fault on the HAAS is fixed.
- New sink installation is coming soon.
- Everything is working.
- I will be teaching a class in Flask, a Python web framework, on Saturday 3/19 from 2 pm to 4 pm. The link to sign up on EventBrite is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-flask-framework-for-web-development-tickets-22636369992. The recently formed Eastern Michigan Python User Group will be joining us.
- I'm worried about the Husqvarna. We're going through an abnormally high number of needles, and the needle plate is showing timing problems. If the person breaking those needles is listening, please check in with the Coordinator. There may be safety issues with your sewing technique.
- Coordinator will be putting up additional signage.
- The Rostock MAX is down due to gross incompetence; there are giant chunks missing from the bed, likely due to ?banging the part on the table to remove it from the bed?. This shit keeps up? The printer is going home, for good.
- In addition to the physical graveyard there is a virtual graveyard wiki page and a slack channel.
- Unused fluorescent lights moved to mezzanine above fab lab to make room for new sink.
- Old lights cabinet open to any zone that wants it, otherwise it'll be sold to a member or scrapped.
- New sink being plumbed in.
- Camera system is now working in the metal shop.
- Been busy getting 3 sets of mold inserts designed and built.
- Working on a mold design with an i3 member for a new potential product.
- Also been doing material tryouts with various rubber products. Lately it has be a urethane product for elastic and very tough properties. Have developed some nice contacts in the area for raw material pellets.
- Soon the inserts will be done and then I'll be getting both machines production ready.
- Orientations are scheduled for Thurs. March 31 and April 28 from 7-9 pm.
- Held an impromptu class last week.
- Planning 1-2 more training classes through the end of the month; see the WhenIsGood.
- Band saw [awesome] powered, but waiting on parts to be used. Expected to be up in a week or so.
- Drill press repaired thanks to Matt G.
- Working to get the machine shop to do list updated.
- One of two unauthorized bikes (near the machine shop) has been taken down because it was in the way.
- The second one should be going away soon.
- New drum sander in wood shop. Working on setup and scheduling training that will be required for use. Will work with thinner stock without a carrier.
- Selling unused 16 inch scroll saw. Asking price is $40.
- Sound box installed around the dust collector.
Space Project Updates
- whenisgood - Three events up for consideration on Facebook group, emails.
- Fabric design workshop April?
- Sewing 101 - May
- Please share we have a group with new members/guests.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:03 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 16
No action items.