Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20160419
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20160405||Meeting Minutes 20160503|
- 1 Agenda for 04-19-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 04-19-2016
'Chair: Charlie Rysenga 7:33 pm'
- Nate B. VP's Jeremiah completed the first solo run of the new membership process!
New Members & Guests
- Steve S. new member. first meeting.
Show and Tell
- Steve N. - CNC Wood dinosaur. Makes a very large growl.
- Mike F. Old laser tube now with LED lights. Less functional, but new.
- Tom - Custom keyboard with acrylic on the laser cutter.
- Roger S - SeenStream is up and running. Move it and point it at what you want to stream. If you don't want to be seen point it at a wall. Currently enabled for Tuesday and and Friday evenings.
- Action Item: Mike - Stencil "No auto work" on the floor in the bay
- Outreach Opportunity Cranbrook TEDxYouth
- Host a booth at Cranbrook April 30th from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Member Advocate Reminder - Matt A.
- Reminder about culture.
- Be excellent. This does not include condescending comments to other members implying anyone of another gender is not capable of creating when they clearly are.
- We want to be open and accessible to all.
- Review of guest policy.
- If you sign a guest in, you must be present. If you leave, the guest must either leave or find a new sponsor.
- Periodically review the guest logs to make sure you are aware and acknowledge all entries with your name.
- Now back in the USA. If anything was missed while out, please follow up.
- Nate B: Vending machine has micro USB cables in stock.
- Check with Roger for the Hack a day brainstorming ideas for the Hack a day prize. Will be this Saturday.
- Open bike shop hours Wed 4/27 8pm
- Come by the bike zone 8pm on Wednesday 4/27 if you need help fixing anything on your bike and would like assistance. Arthur (ZC) will be there and available to help with any issues.
- If you have questions about parts you may need, post to slack channel or email ZC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you'd like to lead open shop, contact the ZC.
- Tile should be done in 1 week.
- Then trim and ceiling tile.
- Craft room door up next week.
- White table / bench should be used and kept in the commons area, not stored in large project storage area as it is no longer an active project.
- On Saturday 4/16, the Eastern Michigan Python User Group (EMPUG) met in the Commons. John Baginski gave an interesting presentation on home automation using Home Assistant.
- Sunday Sunday Sunday! It's an embroidery...embroider...stravaganza? Training for those who haven't had it, refreshers welcome, general maintenance, concerns, etc.
- See email postings for new parts now in stock.
- Jamie Burdeski's awesome resin-printed thing
- The vent fan on the laser engraver:
- Must be used...
- Totally OK to use...
- ...when the lab is too hot and you need to draw air in
- ...when you are doing other smelly things in the lab
- Basically, that fan does not draw a lot of power, and has no other harmful effects from long-term use, so if you use it a lot or forget it is on, whatever
- Shout outs:
- Also would like an update from the Infrastructure Zone on plans to repair the lab wall after the sewer/plumbing/sink project
- Is getting full and will probably need to be emptied soon.
- Lost and found is now just one white table by the media lab. It is labeled.
- Sink continues to get upgrades, hot and cold are swapped, handles are firmly attached. There are nice traps, people are using them but not emptying them. Please empty them.
- Vent fan over CNC fixed for good. Motor cleaned, electrical installed in flex conduit. When winterizing install the foam and flip the switch on the ceiling to keep anyone from operating it with the foam in, do the reverse in the spring.
- Fab lab access panels reinstalled to keep access to plumbing in the future but be better visually.
- Air leak on ball valve by compressor fixed, still wants to be relocated but it works for now.
- Air leak on quick disconnect in tool crib fixed, offending fitting thrown out.
- Will receive first mold inserts for i3 member injection molding project Thursday this week! Then the Haas will be used to add mounting holes, runners, gates and vents as well as make the ejector plate and ejector pins.
- Work still progressing on Thad's seven molds. Seems to be moving like a herd of turtles but hey, who won the race with the hare?
- Increased interest in Jewelry Zone through new members.
- Forming hammers now available.
- Almost ready for business. Waiting on lighting and electrical hook up.
- Selling three extra wire shelving units on Craigslist, but will give i3 members first priority. Will use the proceeds for hand tools.
- New Tubes! Yay!
- A laser timer is built and ready to be added on Bumblebee. It'll be there as a test for a little while to make sure it works in practice. A similar timer for Wolverine will be forthcoming. Continue using machine time for payment for the time being.
- There are now two separate disconnects for the lathe and Bridgeport.
- New urethane tires for the DoAll bandsaw are in, almost done installing them.
- Shop has been kept very clean by i3 members over the past couple weeks, it's greatly appreciated!!! :)
- No updates
- Danny and Evan are the new co-coordinators for the zone.
- Undergoing an index and preparing for reorganization.
- Any organizational suggestions can be brought to the new zone coordinators listed on the wiki
Space Project Updates
- Wireless communication.
- Nate B Tested and there appear to be 2 full sets of batteries that should be functional for the race season.
- "wish list" conversation started on Facebook group page, check it out and add your thoughts!
- Whenisgood for sewing events have been compiled. Dates and notifications coming soon -- delay due to illness.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:07 pm
- Funds appropriated:
|Stencil "No auto work" on the floor in the bay||Mike|