Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20160607
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20160517||Meeting Minutes 20160621|
- 1 Agenda for 06-07-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 06-07-2016
'Chair: Charlie Rysenga 7:33pm'
New Members & Guests
- TJ - Machining CNC Robotics
- Azam - Wayne State Graphics design 3d modeling and metals / jewelry
- Omar, UNC 3d modeling woodshop.
- Found i3 through All Hands Active
Show and Tell
- David - Wood and Acrylic LED "Torch"
- Fire extinguishers. Jewelry and Kiln, Welding should be mounted and accessible. Added as a Potlock task.
Maker Faire Update
- 15 projects signed up so far - we need more projects! Sign up here: Project Sign up Form
- Especially need more art gallery projects - talk to Kevin or Jamie, or use the form to sign up any art that you would like to be displayed in the gallery
- Tent layout: This year the 40'x80' will have no poles on the inside, so we'll have more flexibility in arranging our tables.
- Commercial makers: THF is waiving the commercial maker fee for anyone in our tent because they love us - so if anyone wants to sell items out of our tent, sign up and you'll save $60 compared to selling on your own!
- Extra publicity for the After-Party or any project demos during Maker Faire: We need to get any information we want to be publicized by July 1st. This includes the Flyer for the After-Party and any kind of schedule of events that we're doing in the tent
- Speaking of special events/demos - does anyone want to do a demo? It wouldn't have to be an all-weekend thing, more like a couple hours. If we have a few of them throughout the weekend, it'll increase attendance at the tent like whoa
- Want to help with any of the planning? Talk to Jamie or join #makerfaire2016 on Slack
- Projects do not need to be completed to register or display.
- There will be a number of display cases for smaller objects.
- Lakes of Fire - Great Lakes regional "Burning Man" event is next week.
- Potlock is Saturday, June 11th, from 2pm-6pm.
- Please attend even for a bit if you can.
- Thanks to all who have participated in prior Potlocks.
- Budget meeting this Saturday at 12-2
- Storage clean out is in process.
- Adafruit and Sparkfun will give a discount for group orders. There will most likely be another in a couple weeks.
- Nothing to report.
- Sewing dept: Singer industrial has electricity! We are working on getting it ready/installing alternate motor. 65 presser feet are labeled and boxed. Electrical box will be locked. Combination will be provided to users after an orientation.
- We now have new serger thread. Please leave a donation to cover use of thread based on indicated cost to replace. A replacement pedal needs to be ordered, and then the serger will be ready to use again.
- Husqvarna embroidery machine is taken down right now as Kevin wants to have it checked out.
- We have a framed embroidery sample to illustrate what can be done with purchased designs and thread. It's located in the hallway outside the craft room/E lab, in the corner.
- Wire had been run for the sewing machine (thanks to David)
- some work is planned for pot lock, we have parts to complete most of the projects, I'll be coordinating it.
- New forming hammers (for soft metals and jewelry work only)
- Also new (used) small ultrasonic cleaner and tumbler
- In discussions with Michigan Silversmiths Guild to create 3D printing class for MSG members
- Plan to inventory equipment during Potlock.
- Successful last minute class this past month, may make a more frequent endeavor.
- Lasers still seem to be working well.
- Vent blower and screen are in need of cleaning. This should get done at potlock.
- Making slow but incremental progress on new timer and other zone upgrades. Timer and other features may come and go as they're worked on and tested.
- Will request additional funding from board toward the fall (will probably be pushed to 2017 budget cycle), please share comments and requests with Baumann by e-mail.
- Pot lock will mostly be sorting and indexing the parts we have. I would appreciate volunteers to go through this stuff while I coordinate other stuff at pot lock.
- 34 active users in the last month
- Most active user: Abzman (134 edits)
- Activity highlights
- Visual Editor is awesome and you should try using it! Ask Jamie if you need help with it
Space Project Updates
- Interations on reaction wheel design.
- Next monthly meet is tomorrow night, Wednesday June 8 from 7-9 in the classroom.
- Project Runway show n sew has been running most Sundays. Next event date is Sunday, June 26 from 1-3 in the classroom. (Not meeting June 12 or June 19)
Lost & Found Party
- Any interest in updated speakers to replace the current ones in the commons area?
- Time completed: 8:08pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 28
No action items.