Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20160621
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20160607||Meeting Minutes 20160705|
- 1 Agenda for 06-21-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 06-21-2016
'Chair: Charlie Rysenga' 7:31 pm
- Cory - Software, electronics, board games.
- Charlie, arduino, LEDs and terrible art.
New Members & Guests
- Alan, Detroit Sat, Arduinos, found through google & Maker Faire.
- Tony, artist, moved back, working with Kilns and CNC
- Josselyn - Leora, and Tanya
- Jim, Cincinnati Hive13
Show and Tell
- Potlock - shelving, outlets and a new audio system and much more.
- Storage Cleanout - still on schedule. Thanks to Augie for assisting with the cleanout.
- Jim from ive13 Hackerspace in Cincinnati. Power tool drag race at Maker Faire. If you interested and would like to help out or build a racer, let Jim know.
- Many online courses will be taken offline at the end of the month.
- Nothing to report.
- Husqvarna update
- Do not try to fix or take apart, ever.
- Cleaning after use.
- Do not sew over pins.
- Any problems, contact Jan or Kevin.
- Now much cleaner!!!
- New RF equipment: Spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter.
- It still needs a wiki page created for it.
- New test leads! They suck considerably less than the old ones.
- Please heed the labels and put them back where they go, please.
- In answer to many questions over the last couple weeks, the Rostock MAX is, in fact, operational.
- The wiki page for the machine was not updated the last time the printer was restored to service.
- The minor complaints a couple weeks ago were due to wet filament.
- The filament dry boxes will be purchased July 1-4.
- Still waiting for Full Spectrum to ship the new vat for the Pegasus Touch.
- Still working with Terry W. to figure out what we are doing with the Protomat.
- Some of the current owners are interested in selling their shares.
- The machine is not regularly used, and takes up bench space that could be better used.
- It is this coordinator's estimation that the time has come to shelve or sell the machine.
- Looking for arguments for/against this course of action.
- Lots of stuff got done at potlock
- Vent fan above compute zone works now, remember to turn it off.
- New pallet racks are up, please keep them vacant for next month's storage clean out
- Storage clean out going well. Contents have been disposed of, still going through the process.
- Large machine is almost running!
- Have been fortunate to find an experienced injection molding machine repair person that is getting the large machine running in exchange for some CNC machine work.
- He also gets used parts for about 20% of new retail.
- Replaced the heater bands and it heats up in 5 minutes instead of 25 minutes.
- One more hydraulic valve to replace for $50 this week and it should be running.
- Then we will get the controls figured out and Charlie has offered to configure a PLC to run the controls.
- I have about 8 molds that will be done by mid July.
- Working on a second i3 member molding project.
- Once the big machine is running the zone will get a through house cleaning and organization.
- Continuing to inventory all tools and equipment.
- More storage space added.
- More tools on loan from Tanya.
- If you are interested in becoming certified on the new glass kiln, contact Leora or Joseph at KilnZone@i3detroit.com
- Thinking of splitting off glass and ceramics.
- Vent fan and screen have been cleaned, so exhaust airflow should be stronger.
- Emptied scrap aluminum and steel bins on Saturday (lot of things that don't belong in there, don't be jerks and put garbage in scrap bins)
- DoAll band saw is going through growing pains. Blades have been damaged...
- Replaced belt and disk on sander and the new shop vac is awesome.
- Need help in the machine shop - call for co-coordinators, or splitting up the space into multiple mini-zones/responsibilities (i.e. lathe, mill, everything else...)
- Minor organization got done at pot lock.
- Some much needed labeling got done!
- Donation from Konrad is going to be disbursed into the existing organizational system.
- Very few responses on member-owned tools question, much faith is being placed in sharpie labels and green tape.
- New section of the wiki page for wanted tools, please fill it out if you can't find something you need.
- Don't put 'set of screwdrivers'. That's not helpful. Put the one you couldn't find, I will decide what sets it makes sense to get to cover those needs.
- Vinyl cutter is down until further notice.
- New shelves rock: top shelf will be available as member storage at ZC discretion.
- Purge went well. Organization proceeding apace.
- Plasma cutter has issues starting the arc.
- Panel Saw
- The Panel Saw Shop Vacuum was modified during and after Potlock.
- It is now equipped with a Thien Cyclone pre-stage dust collector and an automatic startup system so the vacuum starts when the panel saw switch is triggered and continues for several seconds after the trigger is released.
- All switches should remain in the on position for the control to work.
Space Project Updates
- Many mini projects in flight. Meeting tonight.
- Looking for volunteers for track marshals at Maker Faire.
- Field day is this weekend.
- A new class may be in the near future. It may focus on laser cutting type.
- Your Project Runway returns this Sunday June 26 in the classroom. Bring projects, watch Project Runway.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:07 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 34
No action items.