Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20170307
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20170221||Meeting Minutes 20170321|
- 1 Agenda for 03-07-2017
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Machine Shop
- 1.5.16 Media Lab
- 1.5.17 Sky Zone
- 1.5.18 Tool Crib
- 1.5.19 Tree House
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 03-07-2017
Chair: Charlie Rysenga 7:45 pm
- Matt H. - electronics, 3printing.
- Tony - Machine shop, likes to make stuff with metal.
- Taz - Likes to make stuff. Cool orange jacket.
- Andy - Interested in laser cutter and mill. Rides a unicycle.
- Evan - Phase 2 - Woodworking electronics. From Texas.
- Bradly - Works in the CNC business and is interested in photography. Both digital and film.
- Lew - Makes stuff with leather. Still has a dark room.
- Dana - Thinks she might be an artist. Works ii customer service. Working to create a group to promote made at i3 at art fairs.
New Members & Guests
Show and Tell
- Steve N. - Mickey music box. This version was CNC'd with a laser inlay.
- James - Henry Ford tour of the museum. Used our corporate membership.
- Lakes of Fire Art Project
- POC: Jamie
- 15 ft tall iceberg with an arctic sky ceiling of the aurora borealis planned.
- Made at i3 booths at art shows.
- POC: Dana
- Looking to create a presence to promote i3 at various art shows.
- artist-alley channel on slack
- Next Tuesday is Pi Day
- Will do knife sharpening at the next member meeting.
Mike would like to update the list of approved Security Camera placements to expand on what we have and fill in gaps. Requested locations:
- Second camera in machine shop (it's a tight area, hard for one camera to cover)
- Classroom covering the glass door entrance
- CNC zone covering Haas
- Additional camera covering parts of Wood Shop and Tool Crib
See the above link for detail on suggested locations.
- Small Neodymium magnets are now stocked in a variety of sizes. Please let us know if this is something that we should continue to stock.
- Thanks to Tony, Vivian, Christian and Nathan for working on the walls.
- Eleven out of fourteen cameras are up, working, and have been working. You can check to see what is currently covered on the Security Cameras page.
- The remaining work required is hanging cameras and running cable. Feel Free to ask me (Evan A), Andrew M, Mike F, or Mark F to get an explanation on how you can help running cable or hanging cameras.
- Calendar-based reservation system is working ok, with some kinks still to work out.
- Wolverine is still running well.
- I could still use some help with Bumblebee - issues seem to be electronic.
- Calendar reservation system is working well overall.
- Please try to reserve time the day before rather that the last minute.
- Continue to be excellent to each other.
- New donation of $2 per session for lathe and mill to help reduce dependency on budget, allow for repairs and upgrades.
- People have requested and been granted permission to store large projects in the H structure for a short period of time.
- Several tools have been loaned out on a short-term basis.
- Help is requested in running the remaining four chunks of threaded rod through the wall to secure the vice.
Space Project Updates
- Matt needs someone to champion the #3 car for Maker Faire. It needs some minor repairs, I'll be glad to work with anyone whose interested but I'm burned out on PPPRS and would like to spend this year's Maker Faire somewhere besides the track. Email Matt or use Slack (#i3motorsports) for info, I'll pass along as much info as possible and be able to explain the details to whomever is interested.
- Sig Meetup next Wednesday from 7 - 9 pm. Training is available at this time as well.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:14 pm
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 19
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend the standing rules list of approved cameras to include additional cameras for the machine shop, classroom, CNC zone, and woodshop/tool crib||Mike F||Tony||17||0||PASS|
- Lewis Dennison
- Steve Nowicki
- Phil Robinson
- Matt Huber
- Mike Fink
- Matt Switlik
- Alex Vincent
- James O'Dell
- Tony Slover
- Vivian Sanders
- Matt Carpenter
- Matt Gardeski
- Evan Parizot
- Dave Scholl
- Andy Kostrzewa
- Jacki Jordan
- David Henry
- Jan Henry
- Rob Lifton