Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20170919
- 1 Agenda for 09-19-2017
- 1.1 Show and Tell
- 1.2 New Business
- 1.3 Zone updates
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 09-19-2017
Chair: James O'Dell
Show and Tell
David's from-scratch steampunk goggle project
- Leather goggle sides
- Cast pewter lens holders
- First made out of wood by turning on the wood lathe
- High-temp silicone mold made from the wood piece
- DIY temperature-controlled melting pot for pewter
- Pewter blanks cast in the silicone mold
- Pewter blanks then turned on the metal lathe, machined, and buffed on the buffing wheel
Steve's table saw tenon jig
- Jig for cutting tenons for mortise and tenon joints on the tablesaw
- Almost done and will be available in the wood shop soon
James' idea for wirelessly controlled LED hats
- Based on David & Jan's wand-controlled LED Mickey Mouse ears
- James wants to do something similar for the next Penguicon
- Make everyone's hats individually addressable, IR or potentially wi-fi mesh network
- A variety of 3d-printed LED diffusers
Planer Funding Drive
- Funding drive to purchase a new planer for the wood shop.
- Tool will be i3 owned. If you'd like to help, drop funds in the donation box with a label.
- See announcement on member mailing list for additional details.
- At the Royal Oak Public Library w/i3Detroit
- Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM
- For kids age 7-12
- Learn to solder badges and Arduino hands on class.
- Matt Switlik is looking for a couple of i3 volunteers for the soldering part.
i3 Artist at Art Prize
- i3 member Emily A has a sculpture on display at this year's Art Prize in Grand Rapids.
- See the mailing list for details.
Swit has a 360 camera
- Matt Switlik has a new, shiny 360 camera, ask him about it if you're interested
- Last warning: label your material or it will be considered donation to shop stock.
- The new metal rack should be installed this weekend. Thanks to the folks who donated funds to the zone!
- Time completed: 8:05
- Attendees: 16
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- James O
- Mike F
- Evan A
- Mel G
- Matt S
- Stanley R
- Andy L
- Steve N
- Brian P
- Paul F
- Danny M
- David H
- Jan H
- Roger S
- Kevin F
- Alec B
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20170905||Meeting Minutes 20171003|