Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20180220

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 02-20-2018

Chair: Vivian


Experienced Members

  • Kevin is craft room co-coordinator. He's currently working on a coat. Everything soft and squishy
  • Scott works with i3 Aerospace sig and is currently working on a battlebot
  • Tony is the Machine Shop coordinator
  • Mike is the Laser Zone coordintator and Secretary and has recently been working on a lot of the internet of things upgrades around the space.

Show and Tell

  • Disco Ball upgrade - Mike - The disco ball now has IoT spotlights
  • Battlebot demo - Scott - built his robot for the Motorama competition last weekend. See him after the meeting to drive it around.

New Business

Space business - Bathroom Cleanliness

From Jan, who's been putting forth a ton of effort to keep the front rooms clean:

  • Could we agree to use the bathroom sink for bathroom uses only, and use the utility sink to rinse paints etc? Also a reminder to leave sinks rinsed for the next person, and make sure if you have guests, they do the same.

Upcoming Events


  • Saturday, February 24th, 12-6 pm
  • Come help out. Great way to contribute for new and prospective members.
  • Work on equipment upgrades, cleaning, painting, and whatever other things to maintain and better our shared workspace
  • Bring snack food to share
  • Also zone coordinators: get a todo list ready for your zone - what needs to be fixed and what supplies you need, and indicate major priorities

i3 Public Open House

(James O'Dell)

    • March 24, 2018
    • Time: TBD
    • Will be available after tonight's meeting for questions
  • Planning an Open House meeting next Tuesday, 7:30 pm, February 27
    • Discuss marketing, projects, other activities

Zone updates

Compute Zone

  • Nothing to report

Laser Zone

  • Both lasers need new tubes. Also, China is currently celebrating new years so no one is at work this week. This has delayed getting replacements. I expect to get the order in by next Monday, and then, optimistically, the tubes should be delivered in early March.

Machine Shop

  • We recently got new carbide cutters for the lathe
  • New grinders for high speed steel. Planning to get these up and running during potlock.
  • If anyone's around during the day, the scrap barrels need to be emptied. The phone number for the guy who picks it up is on the barrel so give him a call and see if he can stop by.

Media Lab

  • Nothing to report

Vinyl Zone

  • There have been some reported problems with the vinyl cutter.
  • We haven't gotten to the root of the issue or even determined if there is an issue.
  • If you have any failed cuts where it seems like the machine screwed up, please post in Slack in #vinyl_zone and if you can, share the file you were trying to cut


Broom Party

Lost & Found Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 7:50
  • Attendees: 18

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.


  1. Mike F
  2. Kevin F
  3. Matt H
  4. Mel G
  5. Rebecca L
  6. Sean W
  7. Scott S
  8. Andy L
  9. Wolciech S
  10. Martee H
  11. Steve N
  12. Matt C
  13. Brian C
  14. Dan G
  15. Luc G
  16. Paul L
  17. Vivian S
  18. Tony S

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20180206 Meeting Minutes 20180306