Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20180220
- 1 Agenda for 02-20-2018
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 02-20-2018
- Kevin is craft room co-coordinator. He's currently working on a coat. Everything soft and squishy
- Scott works with i3 Aerospace sig and is currently working on a battlebot
- Tony is the Machine Shop coordinator
- Mike is the Laser Zone coordintator and Secretary and has recently been working on a lot of the internet of things upgrades around the space.
Show and Tell
- Disco Ball upgrade - Mike - The disco ball now has IoT spotlights
- Battlebot demo - Scott - built his robot for the Motorama competition last weekend. See him after the meeting to drive it around.
Space business - Bathroom Cleanliness
From Jan, who's been putting forth a ton of effort to keep the front rooms clean:
- Could we agree to use the bathroom sink for bathroom uses only, and use the utility sink to rinse paints etc? Also a reminder to leave sinks rinsed for the next person, and make sure if you have guests, they do the same.
- Saturday, February 24th, 12-6 pm
- Come help out. Great way to contribute for new and prospective members.
- Work on equipment upgrades, cleaning, painting, and whatever other things to maintain and better our shared workspace
- Bring snack food to share
- Also zone coordinators: get a todo list ready for your zone - what needs to be fixed and what supplies you need, and indicate major priorities
i3 Public Open House
- March 24, 2018
- Time: TBD
- Will be available after tonight's meeting for questions
- Planning an Open House meeting next Tuesday, 7:30 pm, February 27
- Discuss marketing, projects, other activities
- Nothing to report
- Both lasers need new tubes. Also, China is currently celebrating new years so no one is at work this week. This has delayed getting replacements. I expect to get the order in by next Monday, and then, optimistically, the tubes should be delivered in early March.
- We recently got new carbide cutters for the lathe
- New grinders for high speed steel. Planning to get these up and running during potlock.
- If anyone's around during the day, the scrap barrels need to be emptied. The phone number for the guy who picks it up is on the barrel so give him a call and see if he can stop by.
- Nothing to report
- There have been some reported problems with the vinyl cutter.
- We haven't gotten to the root of the issue or even determined if there is an issue.
- If you have any failed cuts where it seems like the machine screwed up, please post in Slack in #vinyl_zone and if you can, share the file you were trying to cut
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 7:50
- Attendees: 18
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Mike F
- Kevin F
- Matt H
- Mel G
- Rebecca L
- Sean W
- Scott S
- Andy L
- Wolciech S
- Martee H
- Steve N
- Matt C
- Brian C
- Dan G
- Luc G
- Paul L
- Vivian S
- Tony S
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20180206||Meeting Minutes 20180306|