Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20180320
- 1 Agenda for 03-20-2018
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 03-20-2018
- Jody waves his hand enthusiastically. He welds and organizes things.
- Nate has been around forever. He does electronics stuff. He's worn a lot of hats in the organization.
New Members & Guests
- Andy is a new member who is looking to do some woodworking.
- Emily is also a new member who's interested in doing a bit of everything.
- Cyrille is another new member who heard about i3 at Maker Faire
- Brad? is a machinist and heard about i3 on facebook
Show and Tell
- David and Mark have some acrylic [Lichtenberg Figures| they made this weekend.
- Robert is currently in the process of sewing leather gloves.
- Jody is practicing writing on metal with the MIG welder.
Public Open House
- This Saturday, 10-4 pm
- Come on by and talk to the public about i3
Guests and propping the door
- Nate B has concerns about folks in the space that nobody signs in
- He dropped by on Saturday and found the door propped open with several people who hadn't been signed in as guests.
- He would like to clarify that if such a person breaks something, whoever propped the door will be held responsible.
- Kevin and David added that if the door is propped open and you don't know why, don't feel bad about kicking out the block and closing te door.
- Nate tells a story about a person who would say they were so-and-so's guest and get let in and then proceeded to break things. That's not ok. Go get so-and-so and have them sign in their guest.
- Introduce myself (Ben Seiber)
- Planning an i3 group ride in early June. Suggestions welcome.
- We'll be getting a brand new, high quality rotary cutter for fabric soon.
- New laser tubes were installed a week and a half ago, seem to be working well.
- The computer at bumblebee died. It's been replaced with a whole new system (an Intel NUC) and a shiny new 24" monitor.
- All files from "My Documents" were copied over to the new computer.
- Lew is handling the leather zone while Karianne is out of town, and he'll be here on Saturday doing some leatherworking demos.
- Reminder from Jody: if you want to get trained on anything in the weld zone, send him a message or nag him when you see him and he'd be more than happy to.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 7:50
- Attendees: 21
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- James O
- Robery W
- Steve N
- Cyrille G
- Jon W
- Sean W
- Blake H
- Robert S
- Jody R
- Ben S
- Lewis D
- David H
- Glen M
- Emily L
- Andy H
- Tony S
- Gary G
- Jan H
- Nate B
- Vivian S
- Mike F
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20180306||Meeting Minutes 20180403|