Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20190917
- 1 Agenda for 09-17-2019
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 New Business
- 1.3 Zone updates
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 09-17-2019
Chair: Matt Carpenter
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Introduction of i3Detroit
- Presented by Matt C
- What we are: community of individuals with interessting skill and desire to learn and share.
- Paul Lee - Newest i3 member of the Ford community and VP of Activities / Classes and on the Board
- Alec B - Back at i3 and resuming his role as member advocate
New Members & Guests
- None today
- 9/27 - 9/29 (Friday-Sunday): Livestream
- 9/19: Game night, expansion meeting and work night
- 9/21: DAVG, Python, Stitch & Bitch
- 9/24: Live stream meeting
- 9/25: Bi-monthly Sew Up
- 9/26: Special board meeting for appointing officers & zone coordinators
- All day Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Tech crew to run streaming, network cameras, and audio
- Build team
- Food team
- Circuit Python demo
- New goal is to make a pedal power maker mobile.
- Will have maker interviews and other things to cut over to during the stream.
- Need help creating, posting and getting updates out on social media to build awareness.
- This weekend we'll have a table at Flint Makerspace (Saturday and Sunday 9/21 - 9/22)
- Planning to crash the Ferndale DIY Fare this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9/21 - 9/22)
- Jeff would be willing to fill the VP of member retention if the position is created again.
- Suggestion to leave the #space-business slack channel up on Chromecast during meetings,
to allow those on slack to keep up and voice opinions / vote.
- Tabletop gaming this Thursday, Cosmic Encounter
- Julia group in the area on meetup. In Livonia.
- To start paying for the increased expenses with the new space, we should probably raise dues.
- The increase to $59 was previously passed by the board, but isn't valid until passed by both the board and the membership.
- The previous board's approval lapsed as of March 1 so they will need to approve this too.
- The rate was determined based on a survey.
- The current revenue vs operating expenses is about even.
- Adjsted for inflation the $49 rate would be close to $60
- Should dues be raised to $70?
- A larger increase could decrease membership numbers.
- Partial scholorships can now be applied for for memebers if needed to make up the difference.
- Discussion about trying to do an online vote instead of voting during a member meeting.
Count Dues Through MEDC
- Would make this the default, but members can opt out.
- This will help with reaching or campaign funding goal.
- If we use this it would get us about $15K more toward the goal.
- This might result in us needing to use savings to pay rent and utilities, but there is enough to cover it with the emergency fund.
- Talk to Paul to coordinate with cooking during the Live Stream
- Mini mill has no drive gears. If you'd like to help fix this, head to slack for the discussion.
- Mac will be unavailabe for member use durring the Live Stream.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:19 pm
- Attendees: 22
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend the bylaws to raise dues to $59/month effective 4 October 2019.||Mel||Amilia||21||0||PASS|
|Apply dues paid during the campaign period to the MEDC campaign unless a member opts out.||Mel||Amilia||21||0||PASS|
- Mike F
- Kevin F
- Alec B
- David H
- Thomas T
- Jeff P
- James O
- Greg G
- L.U. C
- Steve N
- Robert B
- Brian W
- Alex V
- Amelia M
- Jan H
- Paul L
- Gary M
- Mel G
- Jody R
- Nate B
- Mike B
- Matt C
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20190903||Meeting Minutes 20191001|