Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20190917

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 09-17-2019

Chair: Matt Carpenter

Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm

Introductions

Introduction of i3Detroit

  • Presented by Matt C
    • What we are: community of individuals with interessting skill and desire to learn and share.

Experienced Members

  • Paul Lee - Newest i3 member of the Ford community and VP of Activities / Classes and on the Board
  • Alec B - Back at i3 and resuming his role as member advocate

New Members & Guests

  • None today

New Business

Upcoming Events

  • 9/27 - 9/29 (Friday-Sunday): Livestream
  • 9/19: Game night, expansion meeting and work night
  • 9/21: DAVG, Python, Stitch & Bitch
  • 9/24: Live stream meeting
  • 9/25: Bi-monthly Sew Up
  • 9/26: Special board meeting for appointing officers & zone coordinators

Livestream Update

  • All day Friday, Saturday, Sunday
  • Tech crew to run streaming, network cameras, and audio
  • Build team
  • Food team
  • Circuit Python demo
  • New goal is to make a pedal power maker mobile.
  • Will have maker interviews and other things to cut over to during the stream.
  • Need help creating, posting and getting updates out on social media to build awareness.

Misc. Announcements

  • This weekend we'll have a table at Flint Makerspace (Saturday and Sunday 9/21 - 9/22)
  • Planning to crash the Ferndale DIY Fare this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9/21 - 9/22)
  • Jeff would be willing to fill the VP of member retention if the position is created again.
  • Suggestion to leave the #space-business slack channel up on Chromecast during meetings,

to allow those on slack to keep up and voice opinions / vote.

  • Tabletop gaming this Thursday, Cosmic Encounter
  • Julia group in the area on meetup. In Livonia.

Dues Increase

  • To start paying for the increased expenses with the new space, we should probably raise dues.
  • The increase to $59 was previously passed by the board, but isn't valid until passed by both the board and the membership.
  • The previous board's approval lapsed as of March 1 so they will need to approve this too.
Proposal:
Amend the bylaws to raise dues to $59/month effective 4 October 2019.
Moved by Mel; Seconded by Amilia
21 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • The rate was determined based on a survey.
  • The current revenue vs operating expenses is about even.
  • Adjsted for inflation the $49 rate would be close to $60
  • Should dues be raised to $70?
  • A larger increase could decrease membership numbers.
  • Partial scholorships can now be applied for for memebers if needed to make up the difference.
  • Discussion about trying to do an online vote instead of voting during a member meeting.

Count Dues Through MEDC

Proposal:
Apply dues paid during the campaign period to the MEDC campaign unless a member opts out.
Moved by Mel; Seconded by Amilia
21 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • Would make this the default, but members can opt out.
  • This will help with reaching or campaign funding goal.
  • If we use this it would get us about $15K more toward the goal.
  • This might result in us needing to use savings to pay rent and utilities, but there is enough to cover it with the emergency fund.

Zone updates

Kitcchen Zone

  • Talk to Paul to coordinate with cooking during the Live Stream

Machine Shop

  • Mini mill has no drive gears. If you'd like to help fix this, head to slack for the discussion.

Media Lab

  • Mac will be unavailabe for member use durring the Live Stream.

COWBELL

Broom Party

Lost & Found Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:19 pm
  • Attendees: 22

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Amend the bylaws to raise dues to $59/month effective 4 October 2019.MelAmilia210PASS
Apply dues paid during the campaign period to the MEDC campaign unless a member opts out.MelAmilia210PASS

Attendance

  1. Mike F
  2. Kevin F
  3. Alec B
  4. David H
  5. Thomas T
  6. Jeff P
  7. James O
  8. Greg G
  9. L.U. C
  10. Steve N
  11. Robert B
  12. Brian W
  13. Alex V
  14. Amelia M
  15. Jan H
  16. Paul L
  17. Gary M
  18. Mel G
  19. Jody R
  20. Nate B
  21. Mike B
  22. Matt C


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20190903 Meeting Minutes 20191001