Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20201006

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search


Minutes for 10-06-2020

Chair: A'Lisa K.

Meeting Location

Virtual

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:38


Introductions

  • Virtual meeeting is up!
  • Brief reminder of virtual meeting etiquette.

Introduction of i3Detroit

  • Presented by a different volunteer each month - 2 minutes
    • What we are: a community of people who make things, break things, & fix them
    • What we value: curiosity and an interest in trying new things
    • We determine success by: the friends we make along the way
    • Welcome everyone!
    • Thank you, Matt C for this.

Experienced Members

  • Jamie B. is the president and sometimes she makes rules and sometimes she makes art, but too often lately she makes rules.

New Members & Guests

  • No new people today.

Show and Tell

  • Mike F. has a thing. Mike 3d printed a raspberry pi case. It is orange. Also there was a cat, which is far more important.

Old Business

  • None.

New Business

Upcoming Events


Covid Rules Update

  • The idea is to reorganize the rules to put things that need to happen every time more clearly separated from overarching adminstrative rules.
  • It also expands usage beyond just manufacturing to allow more things to be done, as long as they can be safely.
  • There was a bit of discussion about best practices, especiallly in regards to calendar usage and how much is used in contact tracing versus informing people of space usage. Further discussion discussed specific issues with how much time in advance reservations should be made and how they work with things like tours.
  • Suggestion to continue discussion on further refining the best practices at the next covid committee meeting.


Proposal:
Change the Covid Rules from Standing_rules#COVID-19_Preparedness_and_Response_Plan to COVID Rules Change Proposal for 10-6 Member Meeting.

What's changing:

  • Allows classes, training, social gatherings, and tours in addition to just project work
  • Removes explicit/specific rules for cleaning surfaces/washing hands and replaces with simple guidelines
  • Generally re-organizes sections to separate day-to-day operations vs administrative monitoring requirements
  • Allows minor guests over age 10
  • Changes total occupancy limit to 16 people, while keeping limit of 10 on each side individually
  • Diff of all changes
Context
These changes are proposed based on new executive orders that have allowed broader activities/types of businesses to re-open, as well as member feedback on the rules being convoluted and hard to understand/follow.
Moved by Jamie; Seconded by William K.
11 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Zone updates

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a

Classroom

  • n/a

CNC Zone

  • A new member will begin training on the Haas next week for the first time since the virus hit.
  • Big shout out to Evan for replacing the monitor on the Haas and installing it in the control panel. Thanks Evan!
  • Renewed the annual license for VCarve Pro from Vetric for the CNC Wood Router. This is a huge savings using their MakerSpace subscription. We will need to document a training manual but there are tons of resources available in the mean time.

Commons Area

  • n/a

Craft Room

  • n/a

Electronics Lab

  • n/a

Fab Lab

  • n/a

Infrastructure

  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • Large molding machine has been scrapped out.

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Kiln Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • We've officially ordered a new laser cutter from Boss Laser: Laser Cutter - Boss HP-3655! ETA is mid-November.
  • Also, people suggested a bunch of names for the new laser cutter, and I have no idea how it should be chosen. Maybe it should just chose its own name when it grows up and gains sentience? Is a name actually necessary since we'll only have one of it? Suggestions are below:
    • Lasey McLaserFace; Weighted Companion Cube; Cubie; Cubert; Pow Pow PowerLaser; Pepe LePew!; Widow spiderx; Red Panda; NewPew; Lasey Boy; Boss; Trogdor; The Burninator; X-24; Mars Lander; Fred; Pyro; Phoenix; Rover; The Box; Cyclops; Megatron; Snes or Snessy (if we add some purple); Dragon; Dragon's Breath; Darth Vader

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • We've decided to allow checkout of the Oculus Quest VR headset to members.
    • We are still deciding on a proper checkout/calendar system, as well as protocol for cleaning, decontamination, and possibly a return checklist.
      • The return check list may include user submitted photos to show that they've followed the cleaning and decontam protocol, and that the unit has not been damaged during their reservation period.
    • We still need to discuss what exactly the course of action will be if the unit incurs damage or happens to go missing/stolen during a member's reservation period.

Tool Crib

  • n/a

Vinyl Zone

  • n/a

Welding Zone

  • n/a

Wiki

  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • Just ordered a fancy dustcollector that we will eventually need help with installing when it gets here.

Space Project Updates

  • From Ashley: preliminary verbal agreement from the city to give us a limited CoO based on the list we gave them. They do have concerns about the doors for egress, so that is going to affect the occupancy limit they choose. There was a question about what sort of occupancy limit they are looking at, but we really don't know.

SIGs

MotorSports

  • n/a

HAM

  • n/a

Letterpress

  • n/a

Sewing

  • n/a

Cosplay

  • n/a

i3TV

COWBELL

Broom Party

Lost & Found Party

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:24
  • Attendees: 12


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Change the Covid Rules from Standing_rules#COVID-19_Preparedness_and_Response_Plan to COVID Rules Change Proposal for 10-6 Member Meeting.

What's changing:

  • Allows classes, training, social gatherings, and tours in addition to just project work
  • Removes explicit/specific rules for cleaning surfaces/washing hands and replaces with simple guidelines
  • Generally re-organizes sections to separate day-to-day operations vs administrative monitoring requirements
  • Allows minor guests over age 10
  • Changes total occupancy limit to 16 people, while keeping limit of 10 on each side individually
  • Diff of all changes
JamieWilliam K.110PASS


Attendance

  1. A'Lisa K.
  2. Jamie B.
  3. Matt C.
  4. William K.
  5. Mel G.
  6. Robert B.
  7. Jan H.
  8. Mike F.
  9. Bea Y.
  10. James O.
  11. Paul L.
  12. David H.
  13. Ashley L.



Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20200915 Meeting Minutes 20201020