Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20210302

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 03-02-2021

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:33 by Jamie


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.


Experienced Members

  • William - Does a bunch of cosplay. Hopes to have the group in at some point in the future.
  • Rick - At i3 now! Stay tuned for show and tell.

New Members & Guests

  • None

Show and Tell

  • Rick - Concrete fire table. It's really cool looking!
  • Ashley is cooking now! Jambalaya. Has a Go Pro and plans to do cooking on twitch.

Old Business

  • None

Out Standing Action Items

New Business

Upcoming Events



  • Rick is interested in putting together storage guidelines and has started drafting ideas.
  • Will require coordination with expansion.

Zone updates

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a


  • n/a

CNC Zone

  • n/a

Commons Area

  • n/a

Craft Room

  • n/a

Electronics Lab

  • n/a

Fab Lab

  • n/a


  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • n/a

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Kiln Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • n/a

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • n/a

Tool Crib

  • n/a

Vinyl Zone

  • n/a

Welding Zone

  • Working on an improved draft floor plan for the welding one layout.


  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • n/a

Space Project Updates


  • Currently working on speccing out compressed air and electrical for all the zones to be on b-side.
  • Working with Machine Shop and Welding to update their floor plans to accommodate new equipment (like the massive shear, new bandsaw, & pipe bender), equipment we'll be getting soon (another Bridgeport mill and a larger lathe), and everything else we're planning to have.
  • Amelia and I (Mike) have been printing light fixtures for all the LED tubes we have. I already hung one fixture in the new wood shop area to brighten up a rather dark corner. More are on the way. 420 Watts of LED fixtures are currently in my basement ready to be hung up once I drop them off.



  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a



Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 19:58
  • Attendees: 13


  1. Melissa Gilchrist
  2. William Kent
  3. Jan Henry
  4. David
  5. Melissa Gilchrist
  6. A’Lisa Krawciw
  7. Mike Fink
  8. Kevin Flory
  9. Jody Raiford
  10. Matt Carpenter
  11. Jamie
  12. Drew
  13. Rick

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20210216 Meeting Minutes 20210316