Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20210601
- 1 Minutes for 06-01-2021
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.6.2 Classroom
- 1.6.3 CNC Zone
- 1.6.4 Commons Area
- 1.6.5 Craft Room
- 1.6.6 Electronics Lab
- 1.6.7 Fab Lab
- 1.6.8 Infrastructure
- 1.6.9 Injection Molding
- 1.6.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.6.12 Laser Zone
- 1.6.13 Leather Loft
- 1.6.14 Machine Shop
- 1.6.15 Media Lab
- 1.6.16 Tool Crib
- 1.6.17 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.18 Welding Zone
- 1.6.19 Wiki
- 1.6.20 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 06-01-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:33 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
- Jody - Welding Zone coordinator and treasurer. Set's things on fire. Hopefully not the money.
- Hans - Thanks to Jody and Evan for helping out in the wood shop on an attic fan project. Much cooler now.
New Members & Guests
Show and Tell
- Tim - Rick's fire table projects are really awesome and beautiful.
Out Standing Action Items
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming (needs a URL update)
- CRM, Rules n' Stuff, Sewciety
- Virtual Tabletop
- Virtual Tour
- Main page is now on the wiki, the old page is under /blog.
Covid Rules Update
Proposal - Jamie |COVID Policy change for 6-1 Meeting Highlights of Proposed Changes:
- All activities are allowed - no rules on remote work, gatherings, classes/training or anything else. Individual events may be held virtually or in-person at the discretion of the event organizer. For example, I am still planning to hold member/board meetings virtually for a while longer.
- Occupancy limit is increased from 25% to 50%. This means 17 people per side or 35 people in the whole space. Please do continue to respect zone specific occupancy limits, though, especially for enclosed spaces.
- Social distancing is no longer required, provided you have consent of anyone you are within 6 feet of. You should get explicit affirmative consent, rather than assuming anything!
- Cleaning of surfaces is no longer required, but is left up to zone-specific policies.
- Masks are still required across the board, whether you are vaccinated or not.
- All paperwork remains the same - health screening, calendar entry, & initial waiver/covid rules agreement.
- A'Lisa - Eating and drinking in the space?
- Mel - Eat / drink outside. There are chairs and a bench.
- Tim - It should be fine to remove the mask while in the space to eat.
- Jamie - We are more restrictive.
- Jody - Should this be a vote handled like elections that go out to all members.
- William - Agrees with Tim, masks are not necessary at all.
- Mel - This is a segway to our bylaws discussion about how those interested can contribute to rules without getting too stuck in process. If there isn't clear consensus for something at a point in time, then further discussion should be off list and then brought to a vote. This is an issue for those where meetings do not occur at a convenient time. Most members choose not to be involved in the rules. There wasn't any public discussion on the proposal.
- Hans - There has been enough notice and we should trust the leadership we elected.
- Matt - Should we do a digital vote to get a better idea of overall membership so as to not impact those that are using the space and would be impacted, but are not attending meetings.
- Jamie - Should we modify the proposal or make an amendment.
- Nate - The thread was fine on the mailing list, so there was no need for comment, rather than a lack of notification. Allowing the more socialization . Allowing both gathering and eating, has the same threat model as a restaurant. And those are places I choose not to go. Allowing some socialization that is missed, but with masks. Having different categories would put too much requirements on tracking, so it's much simpler to just be consistent. Looking forward to things getting better.
- Mark - Have been in the space working most weeks, and am strongly against removing of masks in the space.
- Mark - If we're modifying the proposal to include removing masks, it's a substantial enough change that we should send it to the list and vote at the next meeting.
- Jamie - Are people eating individually, or gathering.
- Tim - So far people are not eating in groups.
- Nate - The rules of individual activities are likely to change if we now allow more social activities, we'll likely revert back to that behavior.
- Tim - There are not groups of people.
- Mike - Last week we ordered a platter and had it outside on the picnic table.
- Kevin - What are the proposals / amendments?
- Jamie - Original proposal, plus one or more amendments.
- Kevin - Not comfortable with these changes.
- Mark - Can we discuss this off list and then vote on the amendments?
- Nate - Can we vote for what was written?
- Jamie - Amendments.
Covid Rule Update: Reducing Shutdown Period from 7 to 3 Days
Proposal|Hans C. |Standing_rules#COVID-19_Preparedness_and_Response_Plan Proposed Change: Change the following wording from "7 days" to "3 days" in the following section:
COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan -> Covid-19 Administrative Monitoring & Response Plan (5) In the event of an exposure (1) The space will be closed for 7 days or until it can be thoroughly cleaned.
- Hans - As this is primarily airborne, there isn't a need to clean surfaces. It shouldn't be viable after a day or so. With warmer temperatures this will be less likely.
- Mel - Propose to table this too the next meeting due to short notice to allow time for discussion.
- Hans - This falls under the discussion of COVID rules that was announced previously. Would the cleaning requirements just dropped mean that we no longer need a shutdown.
- Jamie - The cleaning for normal use isn't intended to cover the case where a positive case is reported.
- Hans - The separation makes sense.
- Mike - How does this relate to the OSHA rules.
- Mel - There is still a clause that you need to clean, but it is vague as to what that would specifically entail.
- Jamie - The intent was to open up use of the space, and not change the administrative procedures at this time.
- Mel - There does not need to be a requirement to close the space when there are infections.
- Hans - Withdrawing the motion and will re-introduce at the next meeting.
- I recently had reason to try to look up the list of banned people.
- We don't actually have this list, except apparently on a piece of dead tree by the door.
- This seems bad.
I was just going to recreate this list and put it on the wiki, but was asked to get some input from people first. There doesn't seem to be any recorded decision about this, and it doesn't require any rule changes.
Sometime between 2013 and 2016 we stopped putting names in the minutes when banning people.
- Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20120215
- Full name
- First name last initial
- Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20131214
- Uses first and last initials
- Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160503
- I can't read this it makes my eyes bleed but it doesn't appear to use a name.
Nobody was banned between PD and the person in 2016.
I think this is the closest we have to an actual list: on the announce archive
I think having something like what Noisebridge has is sensible and it's weird we don't have it.
So unless there are strong and reasonable objections I'm going to put a wiki page together.
- Nate - One of the individuals that was banned threatened legal action if the results were publicly available.
- William - Only visible on the wiki.
- ? - That's not how the wiki worked.
- Hans - Defamation lawsuits are a thing and difficult to fight. They can be long protracted, and expensive. The legal process could require full access to all records as part of the lawsuit. The statute of limitations might not be helpful.
- Mark - What if we don't have a reason listed.
- Hans - It could be linked based on time and other public records, and it could open up liability.
- Jody - Could we tell Google to not index?
- Hans - It doesn't change the fact that it is publicly available, and could be used for a defamation lawsuit.
- Mel - The statue of limitations start when it is published. Being right or wrong isn't the answer because the process is painful and expensive.
- Nate - How does Noisebridge manage this?
- Hans - They are in California, and the legal rules are different.
- Mike - There was a much larger list.
- Tim - Why is it needed to public?
- Nate - The names were not as useful as the list of reasons for why to understand how the process differed.
- Tim - Do we need the names?
- Nate - As an i3 member, we need to know when admitting guests. Prior to the pandemic, we would sponsor guests for tours.
- Paul - It's fairly easy to file lawsuits, and if they want to they can make things quite painful.
- Matt - This could live in the CRM. Should there be something in the waiver to cover this in the waiver.
- Mel - It would be easy, but consent, but there have been only 2 waivers in the history of the space, and a 3rd within a short time would be a challenge.
- Mark - This is entirely a legal risk, so the board will take this into advisement.
- Welding actually happened in the new zone space.
Space Project Updates
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend Proposal to add - Masks will still be required, no exceptions for eating and drinking, other than short sips.||Mark||Nate||12||4||PASS|
|Amend Proposal to add - Masks are required unless you are eating and drinking while alone.||William||Tim||5||11||FAIL|
|Highlights of Proposed Changes:
- Time completed: 21:03
- Attendees: 21
- David Henry
- William Kent
- Hans Chen
- Robert Burns
- L.U. Cymry
- Jody Raiford
- Melissa Gilchrist
- Paul Frick
- Gregory Good
- Jamie Burdeski
- Matt Carpenter
- Kevin Flory
- Tim Clayson
- Jan Henry
- Mike Fink
- Gary Morin
- Paul Lee
- A’Lisa Krawciw
- Nate B
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20210518||Meeting Minutes 20210615|