Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20210706
- 1 Minutes for 07-06-2021
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.6.2 Classroom
- 1.6.3 CNC Zone
- 1.6.4 Commons Area
- 1.6.5 Craft Room
- 1.6.6 Electronics Lab
- 1.6.7 Fab Lab
- 1.6.8 Infrastructure
- 1.6.9 Injection Molding
- 1.6.10 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.11 Kiln Zone
- 1.6.12 Laser Zone
- 1.6.13 Leather Loft
- 1.6.14 Machine Shop
- 1.6.15 Media Lab
- 1.6.16 Sewing Zone
- 1.6.17 Tool Crib
- 1.6.18 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.19 Welding Zone
- 1.6.20 Wiki
- 1.6.21 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 1.9 Zone updates
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 07-06-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:42 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Introduction of i3Detroit
- Presented by a different volunteer each month - 2 minutes
- What we are:
- What we value:
- We determine success by:
- Welcome everyone!
- William - Has a new job. Working remotley for a firm in LA.
- Jen - Looking forward to having some sewing classes soon. Basic skills, machine use, mending, cosplay are topics discussed.
- Paul L - VP of activities and classes. Looking forward to new classes.
- A'Lisa - Looking forward to catching up with everyone.
New Members & Guests
Show and Tell
- Hans - 2nd rim is now painted! Waiting for it to cure.
- Que - Made a vice. Started with a bowling ball, sits on a bag and can freely pivot for engraving.
Out Standing Action Items
- Up coming Events Calendar
- Tomorrow: i3 Rules n' Stuff group
- Tomorrow: Virtual wiki Wednesday
- Friday: i3 Virtual tour
- Saturday: Virtual Stitch n' stuff
- Is there interest in a re-occurring [Saturday] hang out / BBQ time?
- Head over to #partyplanning in slack with thoughts.
Covid Policy Update
- A'Lisa - removing the screening form makes it harder to know who to contact as there is less of a record of who might have been here.
- Jamie - Thinks door logs will be close enough with camera reviews. Nothing we do will be 100% accurate.
- Jen - Requiring people who are vaccinated to wear masks, disincentives unvaccinated from getting vaccinated, and punishes those that are.
- William - Agrees with not needing masks.
- Mike - If the only incentive to get the vaccine is to not wear a mask and not concern for the heath of others.
- Paul - Agrees with the point of screening is valid, but it will make it harder to accurately contact trace. Scanning the key will help, but can still get bypassed.
- Hans - Many people would like to more slowly transition to a mask-less environment. Allowing additional time may be helpful for member comfort.
- Mike - If there was an exposure, there won't be any record of who was in the space, as there won't be a calendar either.
- Jamie - Much like the last exposure, we would need to send the date.
- Fawn - If we scale back requirements, it works well that requests to wear a mask should be honored, and individuals should be prepared to wear one. Recognizing that wearing a mask helps with community health, and should not be viewed as a punishment.
Someone needs to champion an amendment for it to be discussed & voted upon during the meeting! Possible Proposal: William, Jen Nagle Change #1 to: Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals only. Vaccinated individuals must send proof of vaccination to the board in order to be exempt.
- Nate - how would someone in the space know if someone is unmasked and has sent proof to the board, or has not.
- Fawn - At office, they use stickers, or pins.
- Que - What if someone is not comfortable providing access to medical records?
- Nate - Stay masked.
- William - Agrees with Fawn.
- Mike - Thoughts in the wind.
- Hans - How is the implementation going to work, and how is the board going to handle tracking? The board seemed to have concerns about the record keeping aspects of this. Wouldn't want to
- Jen - Put a picture of the card in slack.
- Mike - Is also aware of the discomfort of the board of having medical information.
- Jamie - The survey indicated that many individuals were uncomfortable with providing medical information.
- Fawn - Some people are uncomfortable with sharing the information. It causes issues as those that cannot be vaccinated are effectively in the same group that do not want to provide information.
- Paul - would like to modify this amendment to contain 1a
- Jamie - It's confusing to amend amendments that have not been discussed, but possibly here.
Random Discussions for some amendment, but no longer clear which one as all were briefly reviewed
- Mike - Could wear a pin that indicates they are ok being close to others.
- Fawn - Instead of requiring a list, wear a button that indicates they are, ask for proof. If there are many events, this conversation is repetitive.
- Paul - Is it reasonable that if asked to wear a mask to expect others to comply.
- Tim - Feels the original proposal does a good job of capturing the range of responses. Is not in favor of pins.
- Fawn - Agrees that if asked to wear a mask it is reasonable to expect compliance.
- Jamie - This seems like a good amendment to make.
- Jen - Would like to withdraw amendment 1, and use 1a.
- Mike - Moves to table this amendment. Jen seconds. No vote needed.
- David - Does this superseded the request of others to request masking?
- Jen - It is reasonable to be receptive to others and comply.
- Hans - Agrees with Tim that the original proposal was laid out well, and would like to start with those changes.
- Jamie - Thinks it would be best to handle the first round now, and then work on amendments before the next meeting.
- Jen - as someone who will lead classes is ok with the burden of verification.
- Paul - would like to vote.
- Mike - Does this mean that those who chose not to disclose status or are not vaccinated can attend or cannot attend classes?
- Reserving space in confined zones is permitted by using the work schedule, but otherwise use of the work schedule is optional. Reserving space should be done excellently (at least 12 hours in advance, only while you actually expect to be using the zone, etc) and any conflicts should be handled by being excellent to each other.
- See HOWTO_Add_Yourself_to_the_i3_Work_Schedule for details and instructions on how to enter events onto the schedule.
- Unison feed machine is acquired.
- New 5' x 10' cutting mat arrived. Need to build a table for it.
- Working on room infrastructure needs.
Space Project Updates
Welding is a lot more organized now, and materials storage will be getting a big upgrade later this week.
Machine shop and CNC areas are mostly cleared out and ready for things soon.
New electrical installed in Jewelry and more to be installed soon for the kilns.
B-Side main lights are all done! Look at those rows!
- A'Lisa - Thanks to everyone for everything.
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Add Section 1a: Members working within 6 feet of each other for 15 minutes or more other may consent to remaining mask-less if there is affirmative consent.||Mike||Paul||13||5||PASS|
|Section 1b: Members running a class may require proof of vaccination to attend unmasked, and given proof of vaccination may run and attend a class without a mask. Those who do not wish to disclose their vaccination status may attend, but must remain masked.||Paul||Jen||11||9||PASS|
|Change Covid Policy to:
Highlights of Change:
- Time completed: 21:17
- Attendees: 23
- David Henry
- Katlyn Mehne
- L.U. Cymry
- Matt Carpenter
- Hans Chen
- Greg Good
- Tim Clayson
- Que Fanning
- Jen Nagle
- Jamie Burdeski
- Kevin Flory
- Jeff Burdick
- Jill Burdick
- Jan Henry
- William Kent
- Paul Frick
- Paul Lee
- A’Lisa Krawciw
- Mike Fink
- Matthew Gardeski
- Nate B
- Ashley Lesser
- Melissa Gilchrist
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20210615||Meeting Minutes 20210720|