Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20210720
|This is an agenda, the meeting minutes have not been put online yet.|
- 1 Agenda for 07-20-2021
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 07-20-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: Never
Consensus was that the meeting need not happen due to low attendance
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
- Upcoming Events Calendar
Prohibited Activities List Change
We now have both halves of the building and a shiny new COO that no longer prevents us from working on vehicles at the space. As such, I propose we strike item one of section 14 of the standing rules (Automotive Work) such that they now read:
Activities prohibited by law or regulation or otherwise included in this list may not be performed by members or guests on i3Detroit's premises or with i3Detroit's tools including, but not limited to the following:
- Production or modification of firearms or firearm parts which require registration with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Brewing or distillation of alcohol
If a member is interested in performing these types of activities at the space, or has a question about something not on the list, they are welcome to discuss this desire with the board. The board can provide further details on why the activity is prohibited (building code limitations, legal or safety concerns, etc.) and if/how the member can go about making this possible.
- New scissor gates in bay doors
serve a similar purpose to the yellow chain, with a bit more security while allowing for airflow in the warm months.
Unless you're loading in or working in the bay door area (such as on your car on the driveway), they should be closed like the yellow chain spanned the width.
How to use (copied from Slack, thanks Rick): The center pin does have to be in the down position to allow the two gates to intersect and fully lock in the center. To put it down, you have to rotate it until a detent/catch aligns with it's slot. Then you can push it down into the hole drilled in the concrete. The detent/catch allows the pin to stay up when the center locking pin is not in use. One other point is that on A side the concrete has uneven cracks at the building/door concrete apron that the gates wheels sometimes catching on. Rick will try to take the grinder to it and level them off.
Discussion about acquiring the scissor gates has been on Slack.
Space Project Updates
Outside Building Mural
PoC: Emily A.
- Discuss logistics of painting the outside of the building, proper approvals needed, invite any suggestions, comments, help with the project, etc.
- If anyone would like to help out (no artistic skill required), please let me know via slack @eadelman, #space-business
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend the standing rules removing 'Automotive Work' from the list of prohibited activities||Matt C||??||0||0||NONE|
- Time completed: 7:4?
- Attendees: A few
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20210706||Meeting Minutes 20210803|