Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20210803

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search


Minutes for 08-03-2021

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:30 by Jamie

https://i3detroit.org/hangout

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.


Introductions

Experienced Members

  • Paul Lee - New Member Advocate (along with the usual stuff). Slack / email / Drop box by A side front door.

New Members & Guests

  • None

Show and Tell

  • None

Old Business

  • None

Out Standing Action Items

New Business

Upcoming Events

  • Up coming Events Calendar
    • Nominations should be open. eMail the secretary with nominations.
    • Tomorrow - Rules n' Stuff working group and wiki Wednesday.
    • Thursday - Game night at i3!, Virtual Show and Tell.
    • Friday - Virtual Tour
    • Saturday - Stitch n Bitch at i3!

Auto Work

Proposal:
Amend the standing rules removing 'Automotive Work' from the list of prohibited activities
Moved by Matt C; Seconded by Mel
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: NONE
  • Is Auto work specific to A side vs. B side. It is still not allowed on A side, and there are two different COOs.

Covid Policy Update Discussion

  • CDC guidelines updated to require masks indoors regardless of vaccination status in areas with "Substantial" Transmission
  • Oakland county now falls into the substantial transmission category
  • i3 is allowed to be open with current rules, but should update rules to align with CDC guidelines
  • Timing of Update - Next Tuesday (special meeting required) or Third Tuesday (8/17)
  • Content of rules
    • Anything else besides mask requirement to update?
    • Allow president to change rules based on whether Oakland county is in Substantial transmission category?
  • Comments / Discussion
    • Jody - Does this include additional tracking, or just masking?
    • Jamie - Masking was the primary rule changed based on CDC.
    • Jeff - Is the one way door policy still active?
    • Jamie - No that is no longer active.
    • William - Does not support mask wearing. Does not want to need special meetings to keep up with changing guidelines.
    • Jamie - One option is to allow the president to update rules to comply with CDC recommendations.
    • Mel - We could just indicate that we follow CDC guidelines and we wouldn't need to make updates.
    • Jamie - The point person would mainly be responsible for coordination.
    • Mike - It's helpful to not need to consult the CDC site before every visit, so a point person indicating what i3 policy is would be helpful.
    • Paul - Is it low traffic at the space?
    • William - Can wait until 3rd Tuesday
    • David - Would like to update sooner rather than later.
    • Que - Should we have a white board or something at the space to indicate what the current rules are?
    • Jamie - Signage is good.
    • Jody - In favor of a special meeting.
    • Mel - Also in favor of a special meeting.
    • Mike - Special meetings may be confusing for those that don't follow.
    • Mike - Mask usage is increasing at the space.
    • William - How does this impact the instructor lead classes with different status?
    • Jamie - The CDC recommendation would take prescience.


Zone updates

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a

Classroom

  • n/a

CNC Zone

  • n/a

Commons Area

  • Vacuum former update: the Board was contacted by a person interested in i3 for the vacuum former, offering to buy the vacuum former as they're aware it's not a highly used tool. Given that it is owned by John Sugg and not i3, John will have to make that decision and the interested buyer has been responded to with that information.

If members have opinions about a possible sale and removal from the space, this is probably the time to speak up. Also if the vacuum former is actually running, could someone test it out and update the wiki? It's currently set to Down.

  • David - It's a neat thing to have, but isn't used often. It would be one less tool I could use.
  • William - Would like to use
  • Gary - Would like to keep it around
  • Matt C - Should we get a space owned version, and should i3 purchase the existing machine so members could continue to use it?
  • Mel - It would be helpful if it was adopted by a zone, vs. being in MESA. Would like to see it stick around. Many other things in MESA are moving to zones.
  • Louie - Check with injection molding
  • Mel - I think it's just close by physical proximity.
  • Jamie - Consensus
  • Mel - We should check with John first.


Craft Room

  • n/a

Electronics Lab

  • n/a

Fab Lab

  • n/a

Infrastructure

  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • n/a

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Kiln Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • The Full Spectrum Laser Cutter that used to live in the Fab Lab has now moved to the Laser Zone. We have the floor space for it now that the Wood Shop's material storage has moved to B-Side. It's almost set up for use, and won't require any authorization to use it, the same as when it was in the Fab Lab.
  • Also planning to build new sheet goods material storage near the laser zone, adjacent to the member storage tower. This will probably be similar to what the wood shop has, but with a focus on storing 'smaller' pieces (i.e. things cut down to ~3'x'4' to fit into the laser cutters). Whole sheets still fit in the Wood Shop storage, and you'd need to use the panel saw/table saw to cut them down to fit into the laser cutter anyway.
  • The other small laser may return to the owner. It's more difficult to use and there is not current table space in the laser zone right now.


=Kitchen Zone Update

There is a zone, but not physical and hot dogs in the fridge. Probably condiments as well.

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • n/a

Tool Crib

  • n/a

Vinyl Zone

  • n/a

Welding Zone

  • Welding is now all moved over to B side!
  • Cleanup and organization needed still. Could use help.

Wiki

  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • n/a

Space Project Updates

  • n/a

SIGs

MotorSports

  • n/a

HAM

  • n/a

Letterpress

  • n/a

Sewing

  • n/a

Cosplay

  • n/a

i3TV

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Amend the standing rules removing 'Automotive Work' from the list of prohibited activitiesMatt CMel00NONE


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:15
  • Attendees: 17

Attendance

  1. Jan Henry
  2. Mike Fink
  3. Paul Frick
  4. William Kent
  5. Jamie Burdeski
  6. L.U. Cymry
  7. Que Fanning
  8. Jody Raiford
  9. Gary Morin
  10. Matt Carpenter
  11. Jeff Pynnonen
  12. Melissa Gilchrist
  13. Gregory Good
  14. Paul Lee
  15. Markt.
  16. David Henry
  17. Hans


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20210720 Meeting Minutes 20210817