Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20220104

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 01-04-2022

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:37 by Jamie


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.


Experienced Members

  • A'Lisa - currently the VP. Very busy with non i3 things. Will be moving out west to Seattle. Can still do remote sewing machine techie stuff.
  • Jeff P - Working on a small computer space to use as mini office rental space. Testing one out as a proof of concept.

New Members & Guests

  • n/a

Show and Tell

  • Paul Lee - Got a new game called Twilight Imperium, it takes 12 hours to play and has very many pieces. The organizer included isn't that great. Working on designing an updated game piece / card organizer in Fusion that can be laser cut from 1/8 inch plywood and will better organize and still fit in the box. It's only take 40 hours so far!

Old Business

  • n/a

Out Standing Action Items

New Business

Upcoming Events

  • Up coming Events Calendar
    • Thursday - Game night at the space.
    • Friday - virtual tour.
    • Saturday - Stitch 'N' B!t¢h at the space.
    • Next Wednesday - Rules n' Stuff work-group.
    • Potlock placeholder (is this date good or should we adjust. Check with expansion to confirm when the HAAS move date would be good.

Coordinator Appointments

  • Status of Classroom Coordinator nominations - board id deliberating and will likely address at the next board meeting.

Space Stuff

  • EV Charger is open for use and there is no charge.
  • Fire door between sides was left open. This should be closed unless in use. Some investigation was in progress to look for something that would allow the door to stay open for short period of time and would then either close or alarm.


  • There isn't an in person tour scheduled this Friday, it's schedule as virtual. Jeff can do the 14th and 28th. If not available can find a backup.
  • Plan to put something out on social media was on hold. Makes sense to review status on the Member meeting and then post the status based on what the plan is.
  • More focus on tours as our current revenue and expenses are about equal. This doesn't leave much if any for new things.
    • There are many different viewpoints on how much we should be open or not, and how much. The same applies to the status of tours.
    • Also confusion on if we're accepting new members. We've been accepting new members through a part virtual / in person process since mid last year.
    • The source of confusion could be the new members slack that announced that all tours for the remainder of December / January were canceled as the current volunteers didn't have bandwidth. As there are now additional people helping, tours will continue. We should try to post canceled tours to social media if nobody can host them.
    • Paul is willing to give a tour training so more of us can be comfortable giving them.
    • A script for tours or a "what's next" would be very helpful.
    • It'd be helpful for members to review the on-boarding process. Help find and correct any inconsistencies found.

Zone updates

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a

Ceramics Zone

  • n/a


(Re-posting since last meeting was cut short due to low attendance.)

  • The classroom presentation TV has been replaced and was installed with the help of Drew J., L.U. Cymry, and Thaddeus S. on Nov. 13th. A wiki page was created for the new TV and associated pages were updated to reflect this.
  • The Classroom Media Center (i.e. zoned owned Raspberry Pi) has been set up and ready for classroom zone use. Wiki documentation has been updated and is (mostly) complete.


  • The Classroom/TV/PC print out instructions in the space is updated and also now resides in a nifty frame. (And the document file uploaded to the wiki, linked in the Classroom wiki page, made available for future updates.)

CNC Zone

  • n/a

Commons Area

  • n/a

Craft Room

  • n/a

Electronics Lab

  • n/a

Fab Lab

  • n/a

Glass Zone

  • n/a


  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • n/a

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • n/a

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • Some desks are being donated and should arrive at the space soon.

Tool Crib

  • n/a

Vinyl Zone

  • n/a

Welding Zone

  • n/a


  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • n/a

Space Project Updates

  • n/a



  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • Looking for someone to take over leading as it will need to be done remotely otherwise.



  • CNC was going to epoxy the new floor, this isn't going to happen now so they should be ready to move
  • Injection molding is in progress.
  • Once that's build out on A side can start.
  • Much work done on the new to i3 machine shop lathe. Should be online soon.
  • Kitchen is one of the zones waiting for floor space on A side to free up.


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:24
  • Attendees: 11


  1. David Henry
  2. L.U. Cymry
  3. Gregory Good
  4. Kevin Flory
  5. A’Lisa Krawciw
  6. Matt Carpenter
  7. Jan Henry
  8. Jamie
  9. Mike F
  10. Jeff P
  11. Paul Lee

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20211207 Meeting Minutes 20220201