Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20220201
- 1 Minutes for 02-01-2022
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.6.2 Ceramics Zone
- 1.6.3 Classroom
- 1.6.4 CNC Zone
- 1.6.5 Commons Area
- 1.6.6 Craft Room
- 1.6.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.6.8 Fab Lab
- 1.6.9 Glass Zone
- 1.6.10 Infrastructure
- 1.6.11 Injection Molding
- 1.6.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.13 Laser Zone
- 1.6.14 Leather Loft
- 1.6.15 Machine Shop
- 1.6.16 Media Lab
- 1.6.17 Tool Crib
- 1.6.18 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.19 Welding Zone
- 1.6.20 Wiki
- 1.6.21 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 02-01-2022
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:39 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
New Members & Guests
Show and Tell
Out Standing Action Items
- Up coming Events Calendar
Water Meter Camera
- Infrastructure would like to install a camera to monitor the water meter (based on https://hackaday.com/2021/02/07/an-esp-will-read-your-meter-for-you/). The camera will see only the face of the water meter. This counts as an unattended camera so it needs to be added to the standing rules.
- The Skutt kiln has been working well. Have used it many times over the past few months, but nobody has asked to get in on the firings. Had one person use the wheel, and bisque-fired a couple of items for them.
- Purchased additional stilts, another full shelf, and a couple of half shelves. There's now plenty of stuff to use with the kiln.
- There are many things that people have made that have been sitting on the drying rack for at least months. Sent out a notice late last Fall, but doesn't appear anyone has taken action. So for the things I know are very old, I'll likely pack them away or toss them to clear out space. Reluctant to toss anything because of what happened with member storage clear out some time ago. Suggestions?
- Many old glazes in the cabinet. These are still fine and most just need to be re-hydrated. I started doing that and cleaned off the bottles.
- We have lot of glazes, tools, and some clay. If anyone is interested in working with clay and the kiln, I'm happy to help out.
- Bought another used kiln (the one in storage in the old woodshop area) mostly for the things that came with it. But I plan to rewire the controller to incorporate solid state controls and perhaps home-grown WiFi access something like the Skutt came with.
- Just wanted to give a shout out to FawnKat for their help in getting the floor thoroughly cleaned this past Saturday.
- Now that there's room to store things will starting to purchase things.
- The Ikea shelving that was planned is no longer available. Will need to find another option.
- Cyclops has a honeycomb bed as of a few weeks ago!
- You can still take it out and use the slats, but for most things the honeycomb is preferable.
- Honeycomb is not to be used when cutting steel.
- Mostly setup except for some details to work out after the lift is installed in the auto zone.
Space Project Updates
Some pretty exciting things in the past month:
- The Haas is moved to B-Side
- The auto lift was delivered, installation TBA
- B-Side now has a compressed air line for the Haas and Wood Shop. More drops to be installed soon.
- The whole east wall of A-side is an empty, blank canvas.
Some next steps:
- Move the Machine Shop and Tool Crib
- Complete plans for build out of rooms
- If supplies are low. What's the process for purchase or reimbursement? Coordinate on the #shopping-list slack channel.
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Amend the list of unattended cameras in the Standing Rules > Unattended Cameras > Non-Security Cameras to include:
- Time completed: 19:55
- Attendees: 9
- Kevin F
- David H
- Mike F
- Paul A
- Jamie B
- Mel G
- Grayson Browne
- Jeff P
- Jan H
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20220104||Meeting Minutes 20220301|