Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20230905
- 1 Minutes for 09-05-2023
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Automotive Zone
- 1.6.2 Bicycle Shop
- 1.6.3 Ceramics Zone
- 1.6.4 Classroom
- 1.6.5 CNC Zone
- 1.6.6 Commons Area
- 1.6.7 Craft Room
- 1.6.8 Electronics Lab
- 1.6.9 Fab Lab
- 1.6.10 Glass Zone
- 1.6.11 Infrastructure
- 1.6.12 Injection Molding
- 1.6.13 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.14 Kitchen Zone
- 1.6.15 Laser Zone
- 1.6.16 Leather Loft
- 1.6.17 Machine Shop
- 1.6.18 Media Lab
- 1.6.19 Sewing Zone
- 1.6.20 Tool Crib
- 1.6.21 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.22 Welding Zone
- 1.6.23 Wiki
- 1.6.24 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 09-05-2023
Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX
https://i3detroit.org/hangout and at i3Detroit
Hybrid Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
- If you're in the space remember that having a single person speaking at a time is helpful for those attending online.
- Jody introduced himself. He runs the welding zone.
New Members & Guests
- David is a new member who just cut his hair and spends a lot time cleaning and just took Jody's welding class.
- Nick is a guest looking to be a new member who is interested in all of the great equipment that we have.
Show and Tell
- Matt showed laser engraved nametags for a conference he is running in a few weeks.
- Richard showed a picture of a water splitting hydrogen generator he made in high school and discussed his plans to make a better one with i3 tools.
Outstanding Action Items
- Volunteers to host upcoming Friday tours? Discussion about making sure this is covered.
- Up coming Events Calendar
- Going to cancel September's paperwork party.
- Python Meetup is on the 16th, and the work party for the Sewing Room Buildout is every Wednesday.
- Also Still Life Art session on the 22nd and an Equinox party on the 23rd.
- In addition, Halloween Party on 21 October.
Bylaws and standing rules changes
Consolidate banning process
The change to the standing rules will not happen unless the board also approves the bylaws change.
Rename suspension to probation
Matt is against this proposal because he thinks the term muddies the waters about the status of someone's membership during their suspension. This turned into a discussion of the what accesses people have while they are suspended.
There was also a suggestion of the term "restricted" but that wasn't popular.
Then there was a discussion how "probation" and "suspension" are both confusing terms, but the question is how each is confusing and which confusion is more acceptable. We also discussed whether someone who is suspended is a member without privileges or is not a member during the suspension period.
Potential new language: "Probation (historically "Suspension") is when a member temporarily loses all member privileges. A person on probation may still be a guest, as long as the sponsoring member is aware their guest is on probation and why they are on probation."
This proposal was moved to table by Nate with a second by Matt.
a suspended person can be a guest
- The HP Design Jet is working again. Probably going to swap the media cart from MESA with the other large format printer in the door-i-dor in the classroom.
- Still not on fire.
Space Project Updates
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Change the standing rules to replace "suspension" with "probation"
1. Replace every instance of "suspension" with "probation"
2. Change Standing rule suspension first line from
|Change the standing rules suspension section first line from
|Change Bylaws section 10 Termination of Membership bullet 3 from
Change the standing rules (after board approval of the above bylaws change) banning section bullet 2 from
- Time completed: 8:42
- David S
- David H
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20230801||Meeting Minutes 20231003|