Post your project ideas here. No idea is too big or too small!
Interested in working on something? You can leave comments and sign your name under an idea with ~~~~.
- User Run Wireless Mesh - Member and non-member supported wireless mesh. It would be a potential LAN linking members to the workshop. It would be useful for robotics projects.
- Multitouch table - for the lounge area
- MAME cabinet - for entertainment in the space
- Security system - use web cam for monitoring the space
- Hackerspace Management Software - integrates with wiki accounts to track contact info, project listing, meeting scheduling / attendance, responsibilities, etc.
- i3 Robot - remotely controlled for telepresence.
- Vending Machine - food, electronics, geeky bits
Router Based IRC or Twitter Feed to TV/ Projector:
Using a Router with USB ports we can add a USB-VGA adapter and display the I3 twitter feed or the IRC channel: Articles: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddVGAAdapter Devices: Basically any router that has OpenWRT support for the usb chipset ASUS WL-520gU - $34 Ideal: Find a way to have the router output to a analog signal that can be RF modulated so the signal can be sent to a RF Coax input.
Ybox2 for IRC/ Twitter feed: