Turning off the Haas
NOTE: IT TAKES ABOUT 15-30 MINUTES TO CLEAN UP AFTER A SESSION. PLAN ACCORDINGLY
0) Put ON your Safety glasses.
1) Remove work from vise/fixture
2) REMOVE, CLEAN and WD 40 vice and movable jaw then store under bench. (Bench under Haas control)
2) CLEAN machine with coolant hose.
- Hit CHIP BACKWARD button.
- Grab green garden hose and point into interior of HAAS.
- Hit COOLANT ON button.
- Spray down all chips starting with walls, working high to low. Make sure to get grooves in pallet and vice crevices clear. Watch out for splash.
- Hit CHIP STOP.
3) BLOW DRY coolant from pallet and wipe with paper towel. Check that your safety glasses are on and watch for blowback.
4) UNLOAD Tool Holders and tools and put away. Be sure to clean collets and tool holders.
5) SPRAY steel rails on bed surface with WD40.
6) Press Zero/Ret and then Home/G28 button to return table to HOME position.
7) CLEAN windows with paper towel as far as you can reach.
8) CLOSE doors to Haas
9) CLOSE air valve behind HAAS. Position handle so it is perpendicular to hose.
10) Turn OFF interior lights at back of Haas.
11) CLEAN OUT chip discharge tube with rake on top of Haas.
12) Turn OFF big overhead light.
13) [If no one else is using air tools or laser cutters] Turn OFF air compressor.
14) Hit Square Red power OFF button on HAAS.
15) REMOVE and STORE all tools on either work surface.