|Real Name||Matt Carpenter|
|Vice-President of Onboarding: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021|
Board Member: 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021
|Authorized to use:||
|Certified Trainer on:||None|
I (not so) recently got my bachelors degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Purdue and moved back home to Michigan to take a job at Ford. I am currently in their FCG (Ford College Graduate) rotational program switching through various roles in the powertrain controls area.
- Electrical Prototyping
- Embedded Hardware Design
- Embedded Programming
- Non-Embedded Programming
- CAD/CAM (Autodesk products specifically but interested in trying others!)
- 3D Printing
I Want To Learn
- Woodworking (seems fitting, don't you think?)
- Basic machining
i3Detroit Vision Doc Ideas
Vision Statement: Creating novel, useful, and interesting things to influence our world is a foundational human undertaking that many don't even realize they are missing. i3Detroit introduces people of all walks of life to the joys of making, provides a community around learning and skill sharing, and furnishes the tools to build anything imaginable.
Introduction to Making
- How do we introduce people to making?
- What does a "successful" introduction look like?
- What does our community provide?
- How does it achieve the goal of helping people go from "never used a screwdriver" to making their lives better/the world more interesting by completing satisfying projects?
- Tools for a wide range of activities to support all types of interests
- Space for groups to meet and network