|Real Name||Drew Jackson|
|Authorized to use:||
Acer 1440G Lathe
|Certified Trainer on:||
Introduction / Bio
Hi! I'm Drew, I'm a mechanical engineer that really likes software development, data, and sailing.
- Mechanical Engineer by degree
- Short stint as a data analyst intern
- Currently a project engineer in the automotive industry
- 3D Printing
- Monoprice Mini Select
- Monoprice Maker Select (still tuning in)
- Programming languages:
- HTML, CSS
- Various electronics projects
- Home automation (Home Assistant)
I'm highly motivated to start a Detroit area Precious Plastic workspace. The first step to do that is to build the machines.
Companionway Door/Sliding Hatch
I own a 1970 Hinterhoeller 25 that I sail out of St. Clair Shores. I'm planning on replacing all of the wood on the boat, starting with the companionway door and sliding hatch.
I have a large amount of rough-sawn cherry wood that I'm planning on using for this project.
Road Quality App
Inspired by EMPUG's Road Quality Project, I created an Android app that stores accelerometer "bumps" and GPS locations in a SQLite database, and then interpolates the GPS data to determine the exact location of the bump. this data can then be plotted on a map.
- Currently the app looks at all vectors of acceleration, so even turns, starts, and stops appear in the data. Threshold needs to only examine the acceleration with respect to gravity.
- Add single trips to a database and be able to view each trip.
- Make this a background task that starts automatically on car bluetooth connection.