|Real Name||David McMyler|
|Authorized to use:||None|
|Certified Trainer on:||None|
- A desk that fits my converted closet, which is anchored to the wall so that it has no legs and pulls out with rails or something.
- A 2L Soda bottle caddy backpack that also holds party cups.
- A computer case that I actually like (very, very difficult)
- A strip of laptop DC jacks that goes directly into multimeter leads to measure power adapter voltage easily.
Things I want to accomplish at i3
- I want to learn how to use the laser cutters, vinyl cutter, and woodworking tools. I know very little about woodworking in specific but have crafts that I want to do where it is required. Youtube videos make this look easier than it probably is.
- My skill at home repair is essentially nonexistent because my skill at computer assembly and repair doesn't translate well to free-form design using wood and metal. I'd like to learn how to use the tools to correct this. Maybe then I'll be less squeamish about fixing stuff in my house. Maybe then I can replace the ugly living room stair railing.
Stuff I know
- Way too much about consumer versions of the Windows operating system.
- How to properly assemble a PC. My day job is a PC repair technician, which I have been doing for the past 11 years. Assuming one PC assembly per week, that puts me at over 500 PCs assembled.
- How to replace laptop LCD panels, or practically any other component inside laptops, as long as it doesn't require soldering.
- I know that there is always more stuff that I don't know.