3D Printer - Formlabs Form2 MelodicTapir
|3D Printer - Formlabs Form2 MelodicTapir|
|Make Model||FormLabs Form 2|
|Storage Location||North bench|
- Join #fablab on Slack. When in doubt ask the question here.
- Budget 30 - 60 minutes of time to get a print setup, uploaded, and started.
- Budget 60 - 90 minutes of time to finish up a print, clean up, and put things away.
- Set your formlabs login to notify you when your print starts and completes. https://formlabs.com/dashboard/#settings/notifications
- Write down your name and start time on the DRY ERASE plaque on the printer. Mark it "DND" if you do not want others to handle your print. (Example: fragile things or items too big for the isopropyl bath.)
- If the printer is in use when you want to print. Upload your file to it and message the member currently printing to start your file when they are done.
- If the printer has a completed model still on the print bed and you want to print. Unless it's marked "DND", go ahead and carefully remove their print and place it in the isopropyl baths for 20 minutes total. Do not leave it in the baths. Then place it in the UV oven and set the timer for 1 hour.
- Check the Tank Heatmap for the best place to put your model on the print bed. https://formlabs.com/dashboard/#materials/FLGPGR
- Usable print area is 145 × 145 × 175 mm.
Requires training and authorization.
Read all documentation from Formlabs before using; their docs are thorough, easy to follow, and exhaustive, so i3Detroit will not be making a habit of trying to document ourselves.
Keep resin cartridge and resin trays together, printer won't work if wrong tray is inserted with wrong cartridge (EEPROM)
- make FAQ
Authorized Users and Trainers
|Trainer Name||Certified Date|
|User Name||Authorized By||Date of Most Recent Training|
|Amelia Meyer||Paul Frick||04/23/19|
|Derek Kuschel||Paul Frick||6/12/19|
|Jacob Harbin||Amelia Meyer||07/08/19|
|Julien Cohen||Amelia Meyer||07/08/19|
|Erica Zador||Amelia Meyer||07/08/19|
|Becky Sagen||Amelia Meyer||07/08/19|
|Jose Varela||Amelia Meyer||07/08/19|
|Brandon Willwerth||Julien Cohen||08/14/19|
|Matt Carpenter||Paul Frick||9/17/19|
|Matt Switlik||Paul Frick||11/14/19|
|Alec Beardsley||Paul Frick||12/05/19|
|Anthony Iamurri||Paul Frick||04/15/21|
|Norman Witte III||Paul Frick||11/14/21|
|Drew Jackson||Paul Frick||1/29/22|
|Ben Wilk||Paul Frick||2022.04.09|