Art Workshop at i3 – Intro to Painting & Acrylic Basics
Ever wanted to get into painting or learn some new techniques? Join me, Aaron Greenwell, for an introductory to Acrylic Painting and Painting basics at i3.
Aaron Greenwell has a BFA in Sculpture from Wayne State and has spent a lot of studio time learning various painting and art processes. You will have a fun and inspiring time working with his eccentric attitude as he guides you in exploring fundamental uses of painting tools as well as learning to explore your own methods of creativity.
Acrylic is a great medium to start with, not too different from Watercolor. It dries fast which allows you to explore different techniques and fix mistakes fast. I still prefer working in Acrylic over Oil a lot of the time!
Weather pending, I may try to setup for us to paint outdoors. I find fresh air makes everything better.
This event is for Wednesday, August 5th from 7pm – 9:30pm
Who is allowed to join?: Anyone 18+ is welcome! Experienced and inexperienced artists, crafters, and curious minds of all type are welcome to this workshop.
The goals of the workshop:
- Give people the essential tools to start painting in Acrylic themselves
- Inspire and teach attendees how to develop techniques and explore
- Motivate us all to create great pieces using this fantastic artistic pursuit.
- To provide a piece to take home either finished or almost there.
The workshop will start by covering:
- Basic brush and paint maintenance
- How to mix powerful vibrant colors & problem solving color issues
- Different brushes and how they can be useful
After the basics we will explore:
- How to problem solve in Art and Painting
- How to explore your own techniques!
- A group study/painting
- A group Critique
- Your lovely self!
- Bring any painting or Acrylic supplies you may have (easle, canvas, etc.)
- If you do not have supplies, I will have supplies on hand for people to play around with
- In spirit of my own philosophy, I prefer people get to learn and become comfortable with there own materials when possible, however I will be providing supplies for those who have no experience or supplies.
- As thanks to helping support me in running these workshops, you will have your choice of a paint brush to take home.
- We will also be creating a piece for you to take home as well.
- One lucky individual will earn an additional prize in the form of Art Supplies to take home with them.
You can purchase seating through EventBrite at $19.00 per seat. If you cannot or do not want to use EvenBrite for reservation, please contact me directly. Seating is limited to 15 for this first class.