HOWTO Close up the space
So, it's been a long day of hacking and you're the last one in the space. It's finally time to go home. But wait! Aren't you forgetting something?
- Put your project away. Don't leave it on a workbench. Label it so others know it's yours. Name AND contact info!
- Put tools back in the places from which you got them, or more correctly the place where they belong.
- Sweep sawdust, wires, etc. from the floor.
- Are the trash can bags full? Throw 'em in the dumpster. New bags are in the black "Cleaning Supplies" cabinet.
- Is it Wednesday night? Prep the recycling bin and put it out by the pole.
- If you did something the group should know about, make a post to the Google group! Maybe even a blog entry!
- Mens Bathroom Light / Bathroom Fan (Turn off 2 pink switches)
- Make sure the deadbolt to B. Nektar is locked
- Turn off the ORANGE breakers for West / rear shop lights (right side of B Nektar)
- Genie (aerial work platform) should be plugged in
- Turn off laser cutters' exhaust fan switch. (Green box located on desk by the Bumble Bee)
- Make sure exhaust chillers are off. (Chillers on floor between Wolverine and Bumble Bee)
- Note: the light outside the men's room by B Nektar, the one between the Fab Lab and Compute Zone, and the one over the North West member storage area stay on for security / safety reasons.
- Windows closed and locked
- Air compressor electrically off (SMALL red button on upper control panel, next to the green button)
- Air compressor valve closed (back side of compressor, blue handle on the pipe, perpendicular to the pipe)
- Machine-shop lights off (orange switch on wall opposite compressor)
- Machine-shop radio off
- Thermostats (on wall by tool crib) set back to Run
- Rooftop vent fans (orange switches near thermostat) off
- CNC light off (pink switch on wall above CNC zone computer)
- Double-check tables are clear, retract cord-reels
- Move Abandoned junk to trash [garbage] or lost and found table [stuff others left behind])
- Turn off commons-area lights (3 switches behind Vending Machine next to electrical panel)
- Keurig powered off, cup removed so it doesn't mold.
- Stinky garbage out before it gets stinkier
- Light switch in hallway turned off
- Light switch in e-lab and craft room turned off
- Check all of the Soldering Irons in the E-Lab to make sure they are turned off.
- Thermostat in hallway set back to Run (wall by fab lab)
- Bathroom vent fan is off (there is an indicator light on the switch panel)
- Front hallway (glass door in classroom) hallway closed and locked, just give it a yank
- Front hallway (path glass door in classroom) 100% CLEAR (fire exit). Items on floor instantly to graveyard.
- Turn off classroom lights (the west lights are on a switch on the west wall)
Garage Door area
- Welding zone lights off (orange switch plate on east wall between the windows)
- Garage door completely closed with latch fully engaged (look for green lights on security panel)
- Moneysucker NO SUCK (switch by "Push to Exit" button)
- Fans off (switch by "Push to Exit" button)
THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY for your thoroughness!