HOWTO Close up the space
So, it's been a long day of hacking and you're the last one in the space. It's finally time to go home. But wait! Aren't you forgetting something?
- Put your project away. Don't leave it on a workbench. Label it so others know it's yours. Name AND contact info!
- Put tools back in the places from which you got them, or more correctly the place where they belong.
- Sweep sawdust, wires, etc. from the floor.
- Are the trash can bags full? Throw 'em in the dumpster. New bags are in the black "Cleaning Supplies" cabinet in the south west area of the shop.
- Is it Wednesday night? (red light above graveyard indicates this) Prep the recycling bins and put them out by the pole.
- If you did something the group should know about, make a post to the Google group! Maybe even a blog entry!
- Turn off the West / rear shop lights in the orange switch panel (right side of B Nektar door OR the pole next to the panel saw)
- Genie (aerial work platform) should be parked and plugged in by the water heater
- Make sure the laser cutters, chillers, and exhaust fan are off. (Power button on the laser, chillers on floor between the lasers should go off, exhaust fan button on orange box on the wall next to Bumblebee should go off)
Note: the small circular lights over the breaker panels and front door stay on for safety/security purposes
- Windows closed and locked
- Air compressor electrically off (SMALL red button on upper control panel, next to the green button)
- Machine-shop lights off (orange switch on wall opposite compressor OR next to the big metal band saw)
- Thermostats (on wall by tool crib) set back to Run
- Rooftop vent fans (orange switches near thermostat) off
- CNC light off (orange button box on wall above CNC zone computer)
- Double-check tables are clear, retract cord-reels
- Move Abandoned junk to trash [garbage] or lost and found shelf [stuff others left behind])
- Turn off commons-area lights (3 switches behind Vending Machine next to electrical panel OR 3 switches on the table by the front door)
- Thermostat (on corner by air hose reel) set back to Run
- Keurig powered off, cup removed so it doesn't mold.
- Stinky garbage out before it gets stinkier
- Light switch in hallway turned off
- Light switches in E-Lab, Media Lab, and Craft Room turned off
- Check all of the Soldering Irons in the E-Lab to make sure they are turned off.
- Thermostat in hallway reset button pressed (wall by media lab)
- Bathroom vent fan is off (across from toilet) as well as light (by door)
- Front hallway (glass door in classroom) door closed and locked, give it a yank (look for green lights on security panel)
- Front hallway (path glass door in classroom) 100% CLEAR (fire exit). Items on floor instantly to graveyard.
- Turn off classroom lights (the west lights are on a switch on the west wall)
Garage Door area
- Welding zone lights off (Orange/white button on east wall between the windows)
- Argon tank closed and purge valve pulled (look for green lights on security panel)
- Garage door completely closed with latch fully engaged (look for green lights on security panel)
THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY for your thoroughness!