|This page contains historical information. It is provided for reference but does not reflect current information or policy.|
Project lead: User:Agmlego
This project is dead since the hardware has moved to Windsor HackForge
This project purports to add controllers to the salvaged 6-axis Cartesian robot in the Electronics Room. The machine was, in a former life, some form of laboratory autosampler. In this reincarnation, there are no explicit purposes yet, but as the name suggests, the thought is maybe as a homebrew pick-and-place machine.
Code and design files live on the i3Detroit Github page.
Some system information live at my project website for it. (Following a hardware failure, this data may not ever be recovered. Make backups and test them!)
- Make a machine with no drivers useful once again.
- Allow anyone capable of generating GCODE to make the machine work.
- Reroute (maybe?) to switch from SPI interboard communication to I2C for better multimaster communications
- Verify board layout
- Write/adapt driver code for multiboard system
- EAGLE part creation for optointerrupters, stepper pinouts, and encoder pinouts
- Mechanical analysis for step-to-mm conversion estimate
- Inital board routing for Y/Z boards and X board