Laser Cutter - Full Spectrum
|Laser Cutter - Full Spectrum|
|Name||40W Laser Cutter|
|Make Model||Full Spectrum Laser|
|Part Number||HL40-5g Hobby Advanced Laser 20" x 12"|
|Storage Location||Table north of Wolverine|
|Documentation||Owner's Manual black binder on west shelves
Online version: File:FSLaser Hobby Series Manual.pdf Old version: File:Hobby-adv-manual-r0.2.pdf Driver/control software: File:RetinaEngrave3D-4.430.zip
- Please donate $0.25/min of cut time
- DO NOT cut or engrave any material listed as BANNED on the Laser Materials List
- DO NOT cut or engrave any material that is not listed at all on the Laser Materials List. Ask the zone coordinator ahead of time.
- If you don't know what a material is, DO NOT cut or engrave it. Ask the zone coordinator to help you identify it.
Owner's Manual: black binder behind the machine
Vent fan, chiller, and air compressor can be controlled with TBA on the bench next to the laser cutter.
RetinaEngrave (control software) runs on a VM which you can access from the Raspberry Pi terminal hanging on the wall. Click the menu in the upper left, then "VMs", then "Retina Engrave".
Alternately, you can download and install it on your Windows laptop.
Power on the laser by twisting the Emergency Stop button clockwise a little bit, so it springs up. Wait for the controller to boot. RetinaEngrave should detect it. If not, try restarting RetinaEngrave, or use the "specify IP address for connection" and type in the number (10.13.0.41) displayed on the laser's control panel.
Operation from this point should proceed according to the manual.
- The focus slide could be redesigned for less flex.
- Payment counter?
- New roller design