|This page contains historical information. It is provided for reference but does not reflect current information or policy.|
Purpose of Project List
At the October 7 Member Meeting, we adopted a first pass at a process to track and list ongoing project. These are projects that effect the total membership and of duration longer than 1 week. As a first pass, I am making a simple list at the bottom of this page. If you have additions or changes just edit this chart. You can make the Name into a link to a Wiki page, which is a good idea.
- PROJECT NAME/DESCRIPTION - Name of project. You can make this into a link to a wiki page for the project.
- STATUS - One of the following:
- ACTIVE – If the Coordinator/Board approves, and a Champion is found, the project is marked active.
- DENIED – Project is turned down by Board/Coordinator.
- ORPHANED – The membership is in favor of the project, but no champion has yet been found.
- TABLED – An ACTIVE project which is on hold for some reason.
- DONE - whee!!
- CHAMPION This is the person or head of the team which is spearheading this project. Contact them to lend a hand. Champion is also responsible to get a quick status update written into the Meeting Minutes prior to the First Tuesday meeting each month.
- COORDINATOR This is the person who is coordinator of the zone that this work will land. Coordinator must approve prior to work being done. If no zone, then Board is Coordinator.
- BUDGET FY15 Does this project have an approved budget in FY15(Y/N/na)
- INITIAL DUE DATE The date at which the Champion believes the project will be completed at the time of launch.
- CURRENT DUE DATE You all know what this is and why it is here.
|Project Name/Desc||Status||Champion||Coordinator||Budget_FY15||Status||Current Due Date|
|Tormach Grant||Active||Ken & Konrad||Jim||NO||Funding is being solicited to make up the difference between the purchase price and the grant.||TBD|
|RFID for equipment||Active||James K||na||NO||Building Prototypes||12/31/2015|
|Desks for WhiteBoard Room||Active||Justin||Max?||NO||unknown||TBD|
|Parking permit 2.0||Active||Nate_B||Board||NO||discussion on list||TBD|
|Weld Zone Exhaust||Active||Jody||Jody||YES||It's all down to the round tuit manufacturer...||3/31/15|
|Maker Faire 2015||Active||Konrad||Scott S||YES||Went well, notes are being taken on how it went so it can go as well or better in the future with as little effort as possible.||TBD|
|Storage Strike Force||Active||Matt & Terry||na||NO||Strike Force met. Proposal to GM in May||May|
|Coord with SME||Active||Charlie||Board||NO||Charlie - I will follow up with ted on this.||TBD|
|Classroom Wall||Active||Matt A. and Greg||Matt A.||YES||Work is scheduled and should commence within the next few months.||Nov|
|Siemens Grant||Active||Charlie||Board||YES||Videos are up on youtube. Charlie is setting up training with Siemens.||TBD|
|Update Camera Policy||Active||Evan||Board||NO||Notes to be condensed into a proposal, slack channel to be made to discuss briefly before proposing||Sep|
|Outdoor sign for i3||Active||Greg||Board||YES||Moved to April||4/30/15|
|Printing Press Acquisition/Provisioning||Active||Kevin, Ashley||Kevin||YES||Press purchased, being readied for use.||TBD|
|Sign in Desk Foyer||Active||Greg||Board||YES||working on drawings, not sure what the group would really like that area to be in addition to a sign in/sign up (Ipads being set up by Leonard)||TBD|
|Tying the Keypad to the CRM||Inactive||Evan||Board||no||need code to tie into CRM||TBD|
|New i3 PowerSports car||Inactive||Jon||Matt||NO||Hold due to budget cuts||07/15/15|
|Yuri's Night||Done||Konrad||Board||YES||Went off GREAT.||4/24|
|Forklift & Air Compressor||Done||Evan||Board||SOLD||Mar|
|Rotary axis for Bumblebee||Done||Roger||Board||YES||Done, talk to warden about using it||tbd|
|Rolling Chairs Purchase||Done||Leora||Board||yes||Has new Champion||TBD|
|New Compressor||Done||Brian||Evan||yes||Compressor on Order||6-8 weeks|
|EventBrite Non-Profit Conversion||Done||Charlie||Board||NA||Finished||na|
|Red Bull MindShare||Done||Roger||Board||no||Red Bull MS happened. Met the new rep. May have RB soon.||9 Mar 2015|
|Sell Welders||Done||Jody||Jody||no||Completed||Finished - 11/04/14|
|Urinal Repair||Done||Nate W||Board||YES||Completed||Finished - 10/21/14|
|Caster Stands for Kiln||Done||Terry||Terry||YES||Jody got it all welded||2/17/15|
|Equipment Access via the Wiki||Done||Jamie||na||NO||Betas out to Coordinators||Finished - 11/9/14|
|Server Replacement||Done||Evan||Board||yes||set up and running||Finished - 1/13/15|
|reBOOT Detroit Conference and Hackathon||Tabled||Charlie||NA||yes||Abandoned, not worth the effort.||TBD|
|Outreach to Adult Learning||Tabled||Konrad||NA||yes||no interest||TBD|
|Penguicon Coord||Tabled||Scott S||na||NO||Spoke with Matt Arnold. No response from Gizmodo or Io9. Issue closed.||tbd|
|Hack the Home Hackathon||Tabled||Evan||Evan||YES||Evan volunteers to be Team Captain! Thanks Evan!.||tbd|
|Ducting for Plasma Cutter||Tabled||stopped due to plasma cutter leaving|