|Real Name||James O'Dell|
|Phone Number||+1 248-555-5555|
|Other Links||http://www.aple.com, http://www.embedded.fm, http://www.theamphour.com, http://thesparkgap.net/|
|Vice-President of Activities and Classes: 2015-2016|
|Authorized to use:||
|Certified Trainer on:||None|
i3Detroit Page for James O'Dell
I'm James. I joined i3 June 17, 2014.
I am an Industrial Robot Programmer by trade. My main project interests involve microcontrollers, FPGAs, and LED art. I have a lot of embedded developer boards at home. Most I haven't really tried out. I hope to use some of the orphans for upcoming projects. A while ago, I discovered NeoPixels from Adafruit. They make great Halloween costumes and decorations. I hope to learn a variety of the equipment in the space including the small CNC machines,
laser cutter, 3D printer, and drill press.
My other hobbies include photography, science fiction books and movies, and raising Shetland Sheepdogs.
James O'Dell email@example.com
- Laser display using variable speed motors and mirrors
- Laser display bouncing lasers off of booming foil covered speakers
- Might try transducers instead. Speakers are kind of loud
- LED and water fountain display bounces to music
- Have a small version for computer speakers. Big Version could be fun
- Light up lab coat for Halloween - DONE
- Anything with video and audio spectrum
- Raspberry PI or Beaglebone Black classic video gaming
- Home Automation
- iBeacon experimenting
- Make Raspberry Pi into iBeacons
- OS X iBeacons
- Neopixel accent lighting for home
- Large Beaglebone controlled LED display
- Group interactive LED wearables, currently IR based
- Neopixel 60 LED Ring Clock
The LEDs are soldered in a ring and all light. The RTC basically works. The year and month are not right, but the time is correct. I need to find a nice way to mount it. I have a circular piece of glass that might be nice. My original idea was a round shiny piece of metal with a spiral pattern engraved. I would like to convert the electronics to a small Arduino and better electronic package.
- NEW IDEA
- Using the 60 LED Ring to make a clock that is also a shallow round case Infinity Mirror